Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Stryke Thunder 12.3 project "Triton" - final stages

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor

• 784 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 04:50 PM

Today I recieved the two 15" passive radiators for my subwoofer. Now I can get started with rabbeting out the holes in the enclosure to be the correct size, and finally paint the enclosure. The passive radiators have a textured black finish on them, and build quality appears to be superb, with an extra thick cardboard tube between the 3/4" thick diaphragm and the spider, and the cast basket.I have a question: When I drill holes for and set the T-nuts, should I just drill the hole big enough to accept the whole center shaft of the T-nut and then glue it in place or should I first drill a hole the size of the machine screw and then drill the bigger hole to accomodate the T-nut's shaft? Also, I have some solid oak trim pieces that I made from an oak board. Should I sand them before I stain them and apply the polyurethane?
"It sounds like it's barfing out the bass." - Zach

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Javier_Huerta

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor

• 621 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 04:34 AM

Rory, I always drill a hole big enough to accept the center shaft, and then I glue it in place. I've found I have no problems tightening the driver to the baffle afterwards. The Parts Express mounting kit is an absolute necessity, IMHO.
Quid, me anxius sum?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor

• 784 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 01:10 PM

At least it will be behind some grille fabric. Anyway, yeah. I decided to do that glue thing between the T-nuts and the MDF. That was a good suggestion. Do you suppose there would be anyone not so concerned with looks that would be willing to buy the dented woofer at a reduced price?
"It sounds like it's barfing out the bass." - Zach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users