What's new

Stryke Thunder 12.3 project "Triton" - final stages (1 Viewer)

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Today I recieved the two 15" passive radiators for my subwoofer. Now I can get started with rabbeting out the holes in the enclosure to be the correct size, and finally paint the enclosure. The passive radiators have a textured black finish on them, and build quality appears to be superb, with an extra thick cardboard tube between the 3/4" thick diaphragm and the spider, and the cast basket.I have a question: When I drill holes for and set the T-nuts, should I just drill the hole big enough to accept the whole center shaft of the T-nut and then glue it in place or should I first drill a hole the size of the machine screw and then drill the bigger hole to accomodate the T-nut's shaft? Also, I have some solid oak trim pieces that I made from an oak board. Should I sand them before I stain them and apply the polyurethane?

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
Rory, I always drill a hole big enough to accept the center shaft, and then I glue it in place. I've found I have no problems tightening the driver to the baffle afterwards. The Parts Express mounting kit is an absolute necessity, IMHO.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
At least it will be behind some grille fabric. Anyway, yeah. I decided to do that glue thing between the T-nuts and the MDF. That was a good suggestion.

Do you suppose there would be anyone not so concerned with looks that would be willing to buy the dented woofer at a reduced price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks