What's new

Buck Rogers in the 21st Century (1 Viewer)

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Ok I have not perused the forum in a while and from what I did see there was not a thread with this title yet. I remember watching this as a kid in the ( what was it late 70's or early 80's, i am not sure ) it has been to long. All I remember is that I like the show nd I would not mind starting to save money to get that collection. There were not to many episodes from what I remember. Maybe like 1 or 2 seasons. But I would pick them both up at one point.

I have found Space 1999 and that is my next plan of attack. I finished off Babylon 5 and I refuse to pay $165.00 CDN for Voyager. Even with the deal at $118.oo Not interested.

So if anyone has any type of news it would be great to hear it.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I think Season One is coming later this year for the 25th Anniversary....I think there were only 1 1/2 Seasons because of the Writer's Strike in 1980.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Yep, only ran for a year and a half, yep it is coming to DVD. But also you called it Buck rogers in the 21st century, and thats not right, look for him in the 25th century. I know i have read some stuff on here about it...but not more than it is coming. Love Space:1999 by the way.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
This was another of Glen Larson's classic "Star Wars" cash-in shows that was so full of cheese, I actually enjoyed it. They had some pretty decent episodes that first season. Of course, I remember the two-part premiere being released theatrically with an alternate opening and end credits sequence, then when it came on TV it was re-edited and expanded with some different footage (like what happened with "Battlestar Galactica") that looked like it was shot for TV and not for the feature film.

The second season was okay, as they went into a "Star Trek"-type direction of exploring strange new worlds and seeking out... well, shoot, y'all bound to know the litany by now! :D

This series I wouldn't mind seeing on DVD.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'd be really impressed with Universal if they released the original movie as a standalone disc in widescreen, and then included the TV version with the Season 1 set. They did this with Battlestar Galactica (of course, the movie had already been released).

I've caught some episodes of this recently on SciFi. I loved it as a kid, and I guess it's kinda silly now, but it's silly in that way that you can still enjoy it. Even though Star Wars is probably the main reason it got produced, there is some genuine imagination here, and its legacy predates Star Wars by several decades.

I'd probably buy at least the first season if it were reasonably priced.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Buck Rogers was alot more cheesy than battlestar Galactica, I caught a few BR shows and believe me they don't hold up, Space Vampires and all. Not to mention Gary Coleman. Pass.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Yep I have to admite that Gary Colman was a streatch, but he was a child star at the time. I want it only for Princess Ardala ( not sure the actrices name ) and Erin Gray. It will be intreasting to watch it even though it is Cheese. Lets face it stuff from that era had no inhanced computer graphics to back them up. Even B5 for me looses it when all we see is computer generated graphics and that has to be one of the best written SCI-Fi show I have ever seen.

So Cheesy as it may be, I would still like to get it. And if there is only 1 1/2 seasons, it would be cool if they all came out in the same box set.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Count me in on picking up the Complete 1 & 1/2 Seasons of Buck Rogers on DVD! I saw the movie and loved the show...

bee-dee bee-dee bee-dee bee-dee

isn't how that little robot used to talk?

:emoji_thumbsup:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Tweekie's female companion's "booty booty" still gives me the chills from the cheese factor. But I'd probably still get the set if it comes out. I didn't realize it was only 1.5 seasons. As a kid it seemed it went for much longer than that.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
MmmMMMm... Erin Grey. :emoji_thumbsup:

Yeah.. this show was sooooo cheesy. Still loved it though.

I still remember chuckling at "Dr. Theopolis" saying "my! You ARE a handsome man, Buck!" (Good lord... I remember that?)

bee-dee-bee-dee-bee-dee-Okay-Buck!

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in for Buck as well. I was eight when this show premiered and I couldn't get enough of it.

Plus, looking back, Erin Grey was easily one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. That alone would make the purchase worth it!

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Well this is nice seeing that people like the show, lets just hope that the box set will be done right. I just remembered a few of the ships that they had. Nothing like whe we are puting out today in CGI.

Well when people get info on the release date I hope to see it up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks