Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Alpine HU reset codes?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 04:49 AM

hey gang! i'm usually over in the HT forums, but this one fits here:

a friend of mine gave me some old alpine gear a year ago: a head unit, 3 amps, an eq. the eq and amps are going in my jeep, but the HU is going in the boat.

heres the prob: the HU comes on and says "HOT", the cd is inop, and the tuner is at a very low volume. i am assuming the HU thinks it's stolen, 'cause it aint hot here Posted Image. i know this guy, it's not stolen. he bought all the stuff new.

the HU is a model 7802, btw. anybody know how to reset the thing? or should i just go get another 50 dollar cheapy HU.

ag.
Enjoy the Toys!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   David.G

David.G

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 06:57 PM

mmmm....Alpines i didn't know had a ESN security like Eclipse. I don't think it means its stolen. its probably hot, check the space behind it to make sure it doesn't heat up the rear of the HU. If anything just ask a dealer.
David is the car audio guy, Jason is the home audio so if you see a post in car audio thats David, if in Home thats more than likely Jason. Confusing isn't it!!! Also i hope i am allowed to put my sounddomain down on my equipment page. Its car audio but you guys might enjoy it.

http://members.sou...

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted June 13 2004 - 11:59 PM

its not hot in either sense. its sitting on the deck of the boat, open to the world! and it comes on like that. i have done several searches on the web, but nada. anybody else? i really would like to throw this in the dash, rather than spending 50-100 bux for a cheapy cd player. ag.
Enjoy the Toys!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   John Goodwin

John Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 06:27 AM

Sounds like its faulty then :[

"hot" is an alpine error message,from the manual it states:

"protective circuit is activated due to high temperature,the amplifier becomes to output restriction state".

I think you'll need to have an alpine dealer look at this unit unfortunately Posted Image

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   John Goodwin

John Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted June 23 2004 - 06:27 AM

Sounds like its faulty then :[

"hot" is an alpine error message,from the manual it states:

"protective circuit is activated due to high temperature,the amplifier becomes to output restriction state".

I think you'll need to have an alpine dealer look at this unit unfortunately Posted Image

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted June 26 2004 - 01:30 AM

well, thats sure not worth it for a free cd player. oh well, i can get a cheapo unit for 50 bux to throw in the boat. thanx for the info! ag.
Enjoy the Toys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users