Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Deadwood 6/6/04

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Todd.Martin

Todd.Martin

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 03:02 AM

Looks like season finale should be good. And for my money there has been no better actor on TV this year than the guy who plays Swearengen- he was great last night.

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 04:03 AM

Ya was another great episode ..I'm sure going to miss this show after next week Looks like Al has a new well groomed pet monkey lol. Heres a short synopsis of the season finale next week..a couple pretty major spoilers in it so read at your own risk
HBO's Deadwood, Season Finale It's time to circle the wagons for the Season Finale of Deadwood. Times are changing in Deadwood. A meddling magistrate has forced the camp to form a makeshift government, protecting its hard-working "founders" from interlopers. But though law and order are on the horizon, corruption and violence still rule the day. The US Army under General Crook, aka "Custer's avengers," rolls into Deadwood, prompting a parade (and business solicitations from Farnum and Tolliver). Swearengen delivers a tortured soul from suffering; Bullock reacts decisively to Russell's intentions regarding Alma; Con Stapleton's new commission proves short-lived; Adams shows Clagett where his loyalties lie; and Bullock and Alma have a late-night meeting.

Ttiberius

Ttiberius's DVDs

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   John_VI

John_VI

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 04:10 AM

Well, well, well.... I read thru the spoilers above, and it looks like quite a bit will be covered next week. We saw this week that Al's relationship with Trixie is much more important to him than he lets on. And it appeared that Trixie was really enjoying her time with Sol, as opposed to just going thru the motions like she probably does with her Johns. And could Seth fuck up a wet dream or what!!??!! I pegged Alma's father as a shyster long before E.B. said anything, but I wonder if Alma is in on it with him. Wouldn't it be great to see the beautiful, refined, soft-spoken Alma finally let loose with a string of m'fers and c-suckers of her own!! Now THAT would be classic TV!!
"'Xcuse me while I whip this out!"
- Sheriff Bart

(__VI______________]]]]~~~~~

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 05:15 AM

I cannot stand Almas father, as it's the father from "boy meets world" he just does not seem old enough to play her father.
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 05:18 AM

I swear, the Swearengen character is one of the most entertaining on television! He can't go a minute without swearing, conniving, plotting, manipulating, etc., etc.

But last night was the first time I ever saw him at a loss for words! I about bust a gut laughing so hard!

(paraphrasing)
Swearengen: "What the f*ck did you see the doc for?!"
Jewel: "I got knocked up."
Swearengen: (total silence - blank look)

Great show! Posted Image
Remember...no matter where you go, there you are.

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 05:48 AM

"You have to catch a stagecoach or something? Slow the fuck up"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 06:26 AM

The "I'm knocked up!" line had me in the floor. Posted Image
HD DVD? Check! Blu Ray? Check! High Definition Satelite? Check! HD Gaming systems? Check! 100% High Definition across the board!
http://mrbiggles.blogspot.com

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,989 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 07:01 AM

Al rules. Although, he did show his soft side when he teared up seeing the preacher giving a sermen to the cattle.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 09:53 AM

Well yeah, if giving it away didn't give it away then allowing Sol to kiss her on the mouth is the official Hollywood cliche semaphore code for falling in love. BTW, anyone recognize the actress who plays Jewel? Remember Geri on "The Facts of Life"?
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   DaveMcS

DaveMcS

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 01:49 AM

Found on a Deadwood-related forum. Someone has taken the time to conduct a "swear tally" for the various eps. This is the Mister Wu episode only. I'll spoilerize for the faint of heart:

Episode 110. "Mister Wu"

1. Fuck - 128
2. Cock/Cocksucker - 38
3. Bullshit/Shit - 8
4. Ass/Asshole/Jackass - 5
5. Damn/Goddamnit - 4
6. Cunt/Pussy/Snatch - 2*
6. Tit/Titty - 2
8. Bastard - 1
8. Hell - 1
TOTAL - 189

Series total is at 891 uses of "obscene language" averaging close to 100 per episode Posted Image

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter

• 1,745 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 02:41 AM

I can't add much that hasn't been said already - great show and I will dearly miss Swearengin Sundays after the finale. Posted Image

I wonder if Trixie won't create a bit of a wedge between Sol and Bullock as Bullock thinks of her only as a whore while Sol has higher intentions.
This message ends with Todd.

Hey kid you got no class. Hit the bums, kid. Run like the devil. Get a tin can and take up mooching. Knock on back doors for a nickel.
Tell them your story. Make 'em weep. You could have been a meat-eater, kid. But you didn't listen to me when I laid it down.
Stay off...

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   Matthew_S

Matthew_S

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 04:10 AM

he doesn't die, you think? Say it isn't so!!

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 04:52 AM

Deadwood has become one of my all time favorite shows. I remember first reading about it and hoping that it would be good. I liked the first episode, but I never thought it would be something that I would purchase on DVD. But the show has just exploded. I get depressed thinking about how long it will between between seasons and how long it takes HBO to release the DVDs. Swearengen had me rolling on the ground the whole episode. Especially talking about his past while getting head.
We're Texas.

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 04:57 AM

I think he means that after the finale he won't be able to see Swearingen... until next season.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter

• 1,745 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 05:08 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to infer I thought he dies! :b

Wayne is right, I only meant I'll miss him until next season. For my money, he's the single best character on TV right now. Posted Image

Hey kid you got no class. Hit the bums, kid. Run like the devil. Get a tin can and take up mooching. Knock on back doors for a nickel.
Tell them your story. Make 'em weep. You could have been a meat-eater, kid. But you didn't listen to me when I laid it down.
Stay off...

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   Andy_S

Andy_S

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 05:51 AM

This is sorta off topic but it's totally Deadwood related:

I'm a big fan of the show and I also happen to draw as a hobby so I drew a portrait of one of my favorite characters and posted the results on one of the Deadwood forums. It's a portrait of Dan Dority, the bartender/hit man at the Jem played be W. Earl Brown. Later that night I received an email from none than Earl Brown himself saying he saw the drawing and liked it a lot! So I offered it to him and he accepted. He was real gracious about the whole thing and he's going to mail me an autographed picture. You can see the drawing here:

Dan Dority

Gotta love the internet!
Check out my:
Home Theater (Updated February 9th)
Artwork
Home Built MAME cabinet
Sci-Fi Models

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 06:28 AM

That's a great drawing.
Wayne Bundrick

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   Matthew_S

Matthew_S

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 06:37 AM

thanks for clearing up the swearingen thing...good to hear!

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Andy_S

Andy_S

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 08:03 AM

Thanks Wayne! I'm working on a new one and it should be done in a day or two.
Check out my:
Home Theater (Updated February 9th)
Artwork
Home Built MAME cabinet
Sci-Fi Models

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter

• 1,745 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 10:19 AM

Very cool picture and a great story! Posted Image Posted Image

Stay off...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users