What's new

Deadwood 6/6/04 (1 Viewer)

Todd.Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like season finale should be good.

And for my money there has been no better actor on TV this year than the guy who plays Swearengen- he was great last night.

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
Ya was another great episode ..I'm sure going to miss this show after next week

Looks like Al has a new well groomed pet monkey lol.

Heres a short synopsis of the season finale next week..a couple pretty major spoilers in it so read at your own risk

HBO's Deadwood, Season Finale
It's time to circle the wagons for the Season Finale of Deadwood. Times are changing in Deadwood. A meddling magistrate has forced the camp to form a makeshift government, protecting its hard-working "founders" from interlopers. But though law and order are on the horizon, corruption and violence still rule the day.
The US Army under General Crook, aka "Custer's avengers," rolls into Deadwood, prompting a parade (and business solicitations from Farnum and Tolliver). Swearengen delivers a tortured soul from suffering; Bullock reacts decisively to Russell's intentions regarding Alma; Con Stapleton's new commission proves short-lived; Adams shows Clagett where his loyalties lie; and Bullock and Alma have a late-night meeting.

John_VI

Second Unit
Well, well, well.... I read thru the spoilers above, and it looks like quite a bit will be covered next week. We saw this week that Al's relationship with Trixie is much more important to him than he lets on. And it appeared that Trixie was really enjoying her time with Sol, as opposed to just going thru the motions like she probably does with her Johns. And could Seth fuck up a wet dream or what!!??!!

I pegged Alma's father as a shyster long before E.B. said anything, but I wonder if Alma is in on it with him. Wouldn't it be great to see the beautiful, refined, soft-spoken Alma finally let loose with a string of m'fers and c-suckers of her own!! Now THAT would be classic TV!!

todd stone

Screenwriter
I cannot stand Almas father, as it's the father from "boy meets world"

he just does not seem old enough to play her father.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I swear, the Swearengen character is one of the most entertaining on television! He can't go a minute without swearing, conniving, plotting, manipulating, etc., etc.

But last night was the first time I ever saw him at a loss for words! I about bust a gut laughing so hard!

(paraphrasing)
Swearengen: "What the f*ck did you see the doc for?!"
Jewel: "I got knocked up."
Swearengen: (total silence - blank look)

Great show! :emoji_thumbsup:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"You have to catch a stagecoach or something? Slow the fuck up"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Al rules. Although, he did show his soft side when he teared up seeing the preacher giving a sermen to the cattle.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member

Well yeah, if giving it away didn't give it away then allowing Sol to kiss her on the mouth is the official Hollywood cliche semaphore code for falling in love.

BTW, anyone recognize the actress who plays Jewel? Remember Geri on "The Facts of Life"?

DaveMcS

Second Unit
Found on a Deadwood-related forum. Someone has taken the time to conduct a "swear tally" for the various eps. This is the Mister Wu episode only. I'll spoilerize for the faint of heart:

Episode 110. "Mister Wu"

1. Fuck - 128
2. Cock/Cocksucker - 38
3. Bullshit/Shit - 8
4. Ass/Asshole/Jackass - 5
5. Damn/Goddamnit - 4
6. Cunt/Pussy/Snatch - 2*
6. Tit/Titty - 2
8. Bastard - 1
8. Hell - 1
TOTAL - 189

Series total is at 891 uses of "obscene language" averaging close to 100 per episode :)

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I can't add much that hasn't been said already - great show and I will dearly miss Swearengin Sundays after the finale. :emoji_thumbsup:

I wonder if Trixie won't create a bit of a wedge between Sol and Bullock as Bullock thinks of her only as a whore while Sol has higher intentions.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Deadwood has become one of my all time favorite shows. I remember first reading about it and hoping that it would be good.

I liked the first episode, but I never thought it would be something that I would purchase on DVD. But the show has just exploded.

I get depressed thinking about how long it will between between seasons and how long it takes HBO to release the DVDs.

Swearengen had me rolling on the ground the whole episode. Especially talking about his past while getting head.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Sorry, didn't mean to infer I thought he dies! :b

Wayne is right, I only meant I'll miss him until next season. For my money, he's the single best character on TV right now. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andy_S

Second Unit
This is sorta off topic but it's totally Deadwood related:

I'm a big fan of the show and I also happen to draw as a hobby so I drew a portrait of one of my favorite characters and posted the results on one of the Deadwood forums. It's a portrait of Dan Dority, the bartender/hit man at the Jem played be W. Earl Brown. Later that night I received an email from none than Earl Brown himself saying he saw the drawing and liked it a lot! So I offered it to him and he accepted. He was real gracious about the whole thing and he's going to mail me an autographed picture. You can see the drawing here:

Dan Dority

Gotta love the internet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks