What's new

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31 (1 Viewer)

Kyle J.

Auditioning
Nice. I just watched Borneo and reality series (at least Survivor) are able to hold up to repeat viewings. And I think All-Stars was one of the better seasons. Hopefully Australia will be available by the end of the year.

I'm really impressed by the amount of extras. FOUR new featurettes! Hopefully they aren't those dinky 4 minute things most DVDs have slapped on. I think I'm most excited about the bonus footage and the commentaries.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm thinking the bonus footage is probably the Insider stuff from CBS.com or maybe even more. I'm also really excited about the audio commentaries.

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
I will buy it but I'm not in a rush to watch it since it just aired. I'd rather see the earlier seasons released- I would buy those.

Miss Randi

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Great news! This will come out just in time to allow me to re-use the tapes that now have S:AS on them for Survivor: Vanuatu-Islands of Fire :D

Chris

Jay X

Auditioning
Does anyone know how well the Survivor dvd sold and if anymore seasons are planned for release after All Stars?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The person who runs DVDAuthority.com is at a message board I go to. They say they got it from Paramount.

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
Oh great! Now that I've seen what it will look like I have to own it. Alright...I will plunk down my hard earned money for it but I will hate myself in the morning for it. Now how do I justify this to the husband...hmmm.....don't mind me- just another argument with myself.

Miss Randi

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Wow that looks weird. I kinda like it but I kinda don't.Maybe if they had done that with S1 I'd like it better.It has the same colors as S1.I hope once this comes out, they announce S2 coming to dvd and it has a yellow/orangy color to the box.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The cover looks a little funny, seems like they mixed up some of the shots from the CBS website along with shots that look like they were taken during filming.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

You're right, Daniel! Some of the survivors are clean-cut and airbrushed, while others look dirty like they haven't showered for days!lol:D If I were them, I'd be ticked off.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The funny thing is it looks like some of the in-show pictures have been severely airbrushed too.

This could be a little picky but another inconsistency with the Season One cover is that the S1 cover had "The Complete First Season" as opposed to All-Stars, which only has "The Complete Season On DVD" instead of "The Complete Eighth Season".

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Well, in promos the show was always "Survivor All Stars," not "Survivor 8." Nobody really cares about the season number. Besides, they're each listed separately at TVShowsonDVD.com.

I think they included "First" on Borneo to make sure people knew it was where it all began.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Well, in promos the show was always "Survivor All Stars," not "Survivor 8." Nobody really cares about the season number. Besides, they're each listed separately at TVShowsonDVD.com.

I think they included "First" on Borneo to make sure people knew it was where it all began.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
They never said the season number on the promos for any season, it always goes by the name. I just thought it would be good to have some consistency on the cover.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
They never said the season number on the promos for any season, it always goes by the name. I just thought it would be good to have some consistency on the cover.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's up on Amazon now. 7 discs!! Woohoo!

I think Amazon screwed up because they called it "Complete First Sea" for some reason.:confused:

I think any future Survivor box sets will simply have The Complete Season on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks