-

Photo
- - - - -

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
246 replies to this topic

#241 of 247 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted May 28 2008 - 06:53 PM

The last time I spoke to CBS about releasing more TAR and Survivor sets the response started with a laugh, and was followed by "We have no plans to release either of those." That was last October, and judging by the response, I wouldn't hold my breath for either one.

With that said, I'd be extremely happy if they changed their mind.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#242 of 247 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 06:25 AM

Any rumblings of those being shopped around at least? Posted Image

#243 of 247 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 06:33 AM

Nope, not from what I've heard.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#244 of 247 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 06:48 AM

Damn...thanks though.

I still say they only have themselves to blame if the sales were poor--everyone kept requesting the early seasons but they skipped Africa and Marquesas in favor of seasons that had just recently aired like Palau and one of the least popular seasons ever, Vanuatu. I know that sales for the first set were supposedly very good.

#245 of 247 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,656 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyC
Damn...thanks though.

I still say they only have themselves to blame if the sales were poor--everyone kept requesting the early seasons but they skipped Africa and Marquesas in favor of seasons that had just recently aired like Palau and one of the least popular seasons ever, Vanuatu. I know that sales for the first set were supposedly very good.
Reality tv shows are still kind of an untapped market release wise. There are many out there(including The Real World from MTV) that would probably sell really good. Shows like Survivor that pulled in around 25 million viewers(or more) each week couldn't possibly sell poorly. If these get shopped out, I'm sure theywould be snapped up by someone, and would get steady releases. Have hope!

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#246 of 247 OFFLINE   TreS

TreS

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted June 06 2008 - 09:56 PM

OMG, please shop Survivor around. If they aren't going to make them by themselves, then send it to someone who will.

Thanks for the info BTW Gord. I know it wasn't good news, but its still news. And its good to see someone with a little larger of a connection than most of us is out there letting our concerns and wishes be known! Posted Image

#247 of 247 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 10 2010 - 01:23 AM

Good news!  /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif

Please be sure to add all comments in the new thread.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon