Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Pic of my flexi-rack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Dan Wolfgang

Dan Wolfgang

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 28 2001 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image

I actually finished it in November, but never got around to posting this.

It stands four foot tall in the front, 4' 8" in the rear. It's obviously notably larger than I need, but I can easily add an extra shelf or two when the need arises. It's also more full now, with a cable box and some stuff on the top shelves.

The top shelf and the mini-shelf above that are for the "spousal acceptance factor." Is that mini-shelf a cool idea or what? The mini-shelf is 8" wide. It was leftover from cutting the other shelves. It's centered on the all-thread, meaning it hangs a bit further back than the large shelves.

Dan

#2 of 7 Loring

Loring

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted January 28 2001 - 03:29 PM

Very nice. Love the extra shelf.

Been considering building my own flexi for my equipment but haven't gotten around to it yet, might in the next few months.

Enjoy your flexi.

------------------
Happy Viewing Posted Image
~Loring
lestat@cpl.net

"Ye do not meddle in thee affairs of thy dragon, for thou art crunchy and taste good with thy katchup"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
~Loring

quote:Ye do not meddle in thee affairs of thy dragon, for thou art crunchy and taste good with thy katchup...

#3 of 7 Jon_B

Jon_B

Screenwriter

• 1,030 posts

Posted January 28 2001 - 05:39 PM

Nicely done. I can't see enough pics of "flexy" racks. Hopefully when it warms up here(most likely April), I'll be able to finish painting my flexy and post it here. Thanks for sharing.

Jon
I'm Back Online

#4 of 7 Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit

• 273 posts

Posted January 29 2001 - 01:54 AM

Nice looking rack... that extra shelf at the top is a very cool idea! Posted Image
What did you use for your shelves? Is it just painted MDF? I can't tell from the pics.
I hope to have pics of my flexy's some time this week. I've been using them for about a month now, but am just now finally cutting off the extra all thread rod at the top! Posted Image

#5 of 7 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted January 29 2001 - 07:37 AM

I never thought I'd say this to a guy.....but

Nice Rack Dan

Peace Out~ Posted Image

------------------
Posted Image

The Green Room

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#6 of 7 Dan Wolfgang

Dan Wolfgang

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 29 2001 - 08:32 AM

What did you use for your shelves? Is it just painted MDF?

Yes, it's MDF with white primer on it. I was going to paint it some other color after the primer was on, but I liked the plain white look.

Dan

#7 of 7 Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm

Lead Actor

• 6,885 posts

Posted January 30 2001 - 11:40 AM

Beautiful rack, thanks for sharing!

------------------
Philip Hamm

AIM: PhilBiker
Philip Hamm
Moderator Emeritus