Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF REVIEW: The Tarzan Collection (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#41 of 49 OFFLINE   MichaelSloan

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted July 05 2004 - 01:11 PM

Many people on this board know way more about the status of dvd releases then I do and I REALLY want to see all the sequels from Tarzan Triumphs to Tarzan and the Jungle Boy. Many of these sequels haven't been on television where I live for years, if ever. Does anyone agree that all the Tarzan sequels deserve to be on dvd, and does anyone know what the chances of that happening are?
Do you wanna know what the most annoying sound in the world is? The voice of the person who first asked that question.

Decode this for good news: R2 06 or 05 c:gb n:he dn:gh f:wrh

"Paramount, unlock the godamn vault!!!"

-Lily Sloan    2063

#42 of 49 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,293 posts

Posted July 05 2004 - 03:06 PM

Michael, the sequels you mention all ran as part of an excellent Tarzan marathon on the old AMC channel in the late 1990s.

I don't know about the chances, but I would hope that the success of this first set would lead to at least the remaining 6 Weismuller films being released in a second wave. I've read speculation (and it is only speculation) on another forum that Tarzan - wave 2 would come in 2006 after Warner finishes putting out their high profile collections over the next 18 months (Hitchcock, Val Lewton, etc.)

Hopefully the next Warner chat will provide the HTF membership to ask these types of questions.

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#43 of 49 OFFLINE   MichaelSloan

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted July 08 2004 - 09:30 AM

The AMC Channel is unavailable in the city I live in. From What I can tell, the next Warner chat won't be for another 8 months. I hope I won't have to wait that long to find out if I'll ever see these films. Does anyone know when in particular the next Warner chat is for certain?
Do you wanna know what the most annoying sound in the world is? The voice of the person who first asked that question.

-Lily Sloan    2063

#44 of 49 OFFLINE   MichaelSloan

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted August 24 2004 - 12:48 PM

They haven't been on TV in my town since October, They've never been on VHS, no one was willing to tape them for me, and I missed March's online chat with Warner. If anyone has nothing to say during the next chat with Warner Home Video, could they please ask about Johnny Weissmuller RKO Tarzan films, if not about ALL the Tarzan films Warner owns that have never been on video? I don't think there's any film announced for theatrical release that I want to see as badly as these Tarzan sequels.

-Lily Sloan    2063

#45 of 49 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted December 28 2011 - 11:15 AM

The original "Cheetah" passed away today in Florida. CNN link here According to the article, this Cheetah appeared in the first 2 Weissmuller movies, Tarzan the Ape Man - 1932 Tarzan and his Mate - 1934. RIP. Posted Image

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#46 of 49 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 806 posts

Posted December 28 2011 - 01:40 PM

Very sad news and a Cinema icon that will live on!

Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. But being a lady… Now that's a matter of choice.

#47 of 49 OFFLINE   Paul Penna

Paul Penna

Supporting Actor

• 531 posts

Posted December 28 2011 - 04:47 PM

Latter-day reports about the "real" Cheetah have always been met with a certain degree of skepticism, and this one is no different. This linked New York Times article may require registration to read, but in essence it quotes experts about the plausibility of such chimpanzee longevity claims, plus the difficulty of identifying particular individuals. New York Times article.

#48 of 49 OFFLINE   Steve Armbrust

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit

• 286 posts

Posted December 29 2011 - 08:50 AM

Love the quote from the archivist who said it was nearly impossible to identify a chimp as Cheetah from looking at old movie stills. "All chimps look basically like George Burns to me."

Living in the Baseball Wasteland.

#49 of 49 OFFLINE   camarie

camarie

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 13 2012 - 05:01 PM

Thank you Herb.Posted Image