What's new

Dukes of Hazzard episode altered (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I read on Amazon that Season One episode "Daisy's Song" was changed for the dvd....in the original she is supposed to have one of her songs published by country singer Jessie Coulter...in the dvd the name is changed to Loretta Lynn. This is especially ironic given that Coulter was married to Waylon Jennings.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
i watched this episode last night and there is no changes she indeed has her song published by Jessie Coulter.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Yes, indeedy, that's accurate. I had checked into this, because during the airing of the episode things sound kind of "dubbed" on two different occassions where the name of singers are being talked about. But my research showed that the DVD had the episode the way it originally aired. I suppose it's possible that they only had possession of an altered version, and then got Bach to help change it back to the way it should be for the DVD. I'm just theorizing, though. The episode seems to be accurate.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Yes, indeedy, that's accurate. I had checked into this, because during the airing of the episode things sound kind of "dubbed" on two different occassions where the name of singers are being talked about. But my research showed that the DVD had the episode the way it originally aired. I suppose it's possible that they only had possession of an altered version, and then got Bach to help change it back to the way it should be for the DVD. I'm just theorizing, though. The episode seems to be accurate. [/quoute]

Or, perhaps, the dialogue was always overdubbed. On these older shows, dialogue often had to be re-recorded to eliminate studio noise, machinery sounds, etc. that would make the on-set audio hard to hear clearly. Most times, it's a whole scene, but sometimes, it's only a brief section. Perhaps this part of the episode has always been "looped".

GarySchrock

Second Unit
One thing I've noticed with the two episodes of Dukes I've watched is that there is a lot of overdubbing involved. Based on the amount of it in the show, my guess is the line was originally like that.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Well, there are three different Amazon reviewers who say that Loretta Lynn's name has been dubbed in....so are there two different versions out there?

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Well now I'm really confused. Wasn't Loretta Lynn actually in an episode once? Was that a different episode? (I don't have season 1 yet to check myself).

N

GarySchrock

Second Unit
The only thing I can think of that has these people who keep insisting that the episode has been changed is that they're getting mixed up with a spots slightly earlier, where the guy promised them some tracks from Jessie and Loretta to use in the sting. But there's no reference at all to Loretta doing Daisy's song.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It does sound like either some recent overdubbing was done, or they just did a really bad job looping it originally. The scene I noticed was when Bo and Luke are talking to Jessie Colter's manager. The voice noticeably changes when he says "Loretta Lynn" at 17:31. It's obviously not Jessie Coulter they were attempting to remove, though. I think it's someone else. Later, when Daisy is playing her tape for Ronnie Schell, it's obvious that she originally said something other than "Loretta Lynn." Someone who knows that period's country singers might be able to figure out who it was by listening to the voice on the tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks