What's new

"Raven": 1992 Martial Arts TV Series - Any chance of DVD release? (2 Viewers)

Nick_Da

Agent
Hey guys, sorry if this question's been asked before (but I doubt that it has). Anyways, I was flipping through the channels this morning and landed on Encore's Action Channel. There was some Made for TV movie type deal on it called "Raven." It starred some dude named Jeffrey Meek, and Lee Majors. The movie/show/whatever itself actually wasn't that bad for a martial arts show. So I did a little searching online and found out that "Raven" was an actual show that ran for 20 episodes during the early nineties on CBS. So, my question to you guys, has anyone heard anything about a possible release? Or is this one of those shows that is so obscure that there's no chance (probably more likely)? Just thought I'd ask in the very doubtful chance that any one of you guys out there knows anything. Thanks in advance.
____
Nick

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I was just thinking about this series! It was awesome! The fellow who joined the Black Dragon Ninja clan, which killed his parents, to learn their secrets, then slaughtered everybody at his graduation ceremony...the crazy partner with all the guns....

I loved it because the main character had the 'self-confident, therefore quiet, yet utterly bad-ass' routine down pat.

I remember one episode where he'd allowed himself to be taken hostage. He's tied to a chair, and a bad guy with a rifle tries to buttstroke him. He just leans the chair back, to dodge the hit, and says 'Woah, that's one.' Happens again later, he just cocks his head at the guy and says 'That's two....'

Damn, though, it's from 1992? I'm getting old...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103518/

Nick_Da

Agent
Shayne,

Glad to see that someone else remembers this show! Admittedly I don't remember as much about the show as you apparently do, but it sounds completely awesome from the descriptions that you gave. It's probably way too obscure to get a DVD release, but there's always a glimmer of hope, I suppose. I'm all for martial arts-related TV shows on DVD, and with the recent release of Kung Fu, hopefully that will start somewhat of a trend to release other martial arts TV shows as well.
____
Nick

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody else remember The Master with Lee Van Cleef and the awesome Shô Kosugi? Such predictable, cheeseball fun - but probably worse than I remember it.

Nick_Da

Agent
Lary,

I definitely remember The Master, mainly because, like you said, it had Sho Kosugi in it, who's pretty much one of my personal heroes. I know they have some sort of cheap/budget DVD out with the first two episodes, I believe. They might've been made for TV movies. I think one of them has Demi Moore in it. Anyways, yeah, it's probably much worse than we remember, but it'd be cool to check out again on DVD.
____
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks