Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Liveframe vs backlight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted June 03 2004 - 02:27 AM

I recently visited the liveframe website. actually their sets look cool, but I don't know how do they look in real life, , I'd like to know if anybody of you guys has a liveframe set and what do you thionk about its influence on contrast and black levels, about this issue I painted the wall behind my TV set (51 inches widescreen), in a light grey tone, and installed a fluorescent lamp, used usually as emergency light, with the lights off except the lamp I find very pleasant the way colors, black level and contrast look, of course there's a lot of subjetivity here but I'd like to know your experience with this backlite or liveframe stuff.
Eduardo Bonifaz

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted June 06 2004 - 12:27 PM

If you want my opinion, it's jsut an expensive way to con money out of the average consumer (they're in partnership with Bose, waht do you expect?). I'm sure with a little research, and some know how, you could make a comparable frame out of speaker cloth (can be found almost anywhere) and MDF. It would cost much less too.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jack Shappa

Jack Shappa

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted June 08 2004 - 05:13 PM

Liveframe... heh heh... Go to the hardware store and fabric store and DIY. Don't waste your money on that retarded crap...

- Jack

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Zen Butler

Zen Butler

Producer

• 5,336 posts

Posted June 09 2004 - 10:32 AM

+

bladerunner-thumb-510x227-39115_zpse210a

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   MikeKaz

MikeKaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted June 26 2004 - 05:25 PM

My favorite feature of liveframe, besides giving me "true contrast" is its ability to turn a bunch hicks eating their chips off the floor and drinking soda into champagne drinking, glass coffee table having, high end socialites. It also apparently reduces the size of your bald spot. I think liveframe will work great with the new Bose Lifestyle cubes I just ordered by clicking on the link on their site. Posted Image

http://www.befocused.com/home3.htm

(Go to gallery and click on the top left box and look at the before and after pictures)

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Ed*Wheaton

Ed*Wheaton

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted June 28 2004 - 01:05 AM

I have a set of big screen bookshelves with the "bridge" between them.I strung a set of rope lights from top corner to the other,behind the tv of course,and I found it made a great back light.

Ed