What's new

Universal Shows - List of other shows they own, pre 1990 (1 Viewer)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
I'm not listing their post-1990 shows, basically because they aren't of any interest to me. If I get some free time at a later date I may put them up in another post. But for the time being, here are the shows I did not list in my first Universal posting. These are the shows whose release likelihood falls under slim and none. Oh, and I forgot on the last list Bionic Woman, 6 Million Dollar Man and Black Sheep Squadron but those are coming out.

87th Precinct
Adventure Theatre
Kit Carson
Alias Smith and Jones
Almost Grown
Aloha Paradise
Amy Prentiss
Arrest and Trial
BL Stryker
Banacek
Biff Baker USA
Blacke's Magic
New Bob Cummings Show
Broadside
Buckskin
Bustin' Loose
Calvin and the Colonel
Channing
Chase
Checkmate
Christine Cromwell
Cimarron City
City Detective
City of Angels
Class of '65
Cliffhangers
Code Name: Foxfire
Coming of Age
The Contender
Convoy
Cool Million
Coronado 9
Court Martial
The Crusader
The DA
The DA's Man
Darkroom
Delta House
Delvecchio
The Deputy
Destry
Doctor's Hospital
Domestic Life
The Duke
Eddie Capra Mysteries
Ellery Queen
Family Holvak
A Family Man
Faraday
Fast Times
Fay
Fitz and Bones
Follow that Man
Four Seasons
Frontier Circus
Gemini Man
George Burns Comedy Week
Get Christie Love
Gideon Oliver
Going My Way
Good Time Harry
Griff
H.E.L.P.
Hard Copy
Harris and Company
Hawaiian Heat
Hec Ramsey
He's The Mayor
Holmes and Yo Yo
The Insiders
The Investigators
The Invisible Man
It's A Man's World
Jean Arthur Show
Jigsaw
John Forsythe Show
Johnny Midnight
Johnny Staccato
Kingston: Confidential
Knight & Daye
Lanigan's Rabbi
Law and Harry McGraw
Legmen
Leo and Liz in Beverly Hills
Little Women
Lucas Tanner
Madigan
Man and the City
Markham
Matt Lincoln
McCoy
Men
Men from Shiloh
Misfits of Science
Mr. Terrific
Mobile One
Mrs Columbo
Munsters Today (Worst Show in TV History!)
My Secret Indentity
Nasty Boys
New Lassie
New Leave it to Beaver
90 Bristol Court
Nobody's Perfect
O'Hara, US Treasurer
On Trial
Operation Petticoat
Oregon Trail
Otherworld
Outlaws
The Outsider
The Outsiders
Overland Trail
Paris 7000
The Partners
Phyl and Mikhy
Pistols and Petticoats
Pride of the Family
Private Eye
Probe
Ray Milland Show
Restless Gun
Richie Brockelman
Riverboat
Road West
Rosemary Clooney Show
Rosetti and Ryan
Sara
Sarge
Semi-Tough
Shannon
Shirley
Shotgun Slade
Sierra
Sirota's Court
Sixth Sense
Snoop Sisters
Soldiers of Fortune
Sons and Daughters
Special Agent 7
State Trooper
Stone
Street Hawk
Sunshine
The Survivors
Suspense Theatre
Suspicion
Sword of Justice
Tales of the Gold Monkey
The Tall Man
Tammy
Tenafly
Together We Stand
Toma
Turnabout
Universal Startime
Voyagers
Wayne and Shuster
When The Whistle Blows
Whispering Smith
Whiz Kids
Wide Country
A Year in the Life
Yes Yes Nanette

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
A lot of series I'd love to have on dvd, but the ones I'd probably want most would be insanely unlikely. Ah, yes... "Biff Baker, USA" with Alan Hale, Jr. and wifey battling commies; or "The Wide Country," a rodeo-themed series, although a bit more like "Route 66" than "Stoney Burke." Or what of "It's a Man's World?" A very eccentric hour-long comedy-drama of the early-60s, from Peter Tewksbury, who'd made the first season of "My Three Sons" so offbeat and interesting. Yep, lots of good stuff there. I suppose it's all destined to remain in dusty vaults for the duration of my life and well beyond.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I would love Aloha Paradise since it didn't stay around long but I certainly won't hold my breath on that one.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Eddie Capra Mysteries & Richie Brockleman were good shows and still circulate among collectors. I also remember watching "Snoop Sisters" which was a hoot (two gals that made Jessica Fletcher look like a kid).

Should I be ashamed to admit that I not only watched, but enjoyed "Holmes and Yo Yo" during it's original run? John Schuck rules!

Agreed - not much chance of anything on that list coming out. If I were to venture a guess on the most likely possibilities I would say "Alias Smith and Jones" or "Ellery Queen".

Steve

Ed_City

Agent
If MAGNUM and or QUANTUM LEAP does well, I fully expect Uni to release TALES OF THE GOLD MONKEY...

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Tales of the Gold Monkey is a must have in box sets for me!
Also, Gemini Man is a great little cheesy show with ben murphy.

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
I think I am drooling now...very unlikely I would get these but I want...

Get Christie Love- Teresa Graves is very much missed and there is one episode with several people from Laugh-In.

The Invisible Man- one season so one set- the husband can't complain too much about that one.

there are others I am slightly interested in but would have to read up on them before I purchased.

Miss Randi

70stvfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Silver
I too really loved "Banacek" (1972) starring George Peppard on the NBC Mystery Movie (rotating along with "Columbo" and "McCloud"). A predecessor to this was "The Name of the Game" which was on the first rotating series wheel, the 4 in 1 Mystery Movie. It had Gene Barry, Robert Stack, and Tony Franciosa, who each week rotated their own stories. They worked at Howard Publications, which published "Crime Magazine", and "People Magazine"(!) -- of course this was BEFORE the real People Mag came into existence. Also, from the same period (late '60s) was "It Takes a Thief" starring Robert Wagner. Like "Banacek" it ran only two seasons, but was very popular nonetheless!

NBC Universal REALLY needs to get these shows onto DVD! These were very popular in their day... so get it together you guys! We want this stuff!!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
In response to Mark To's list of pre-1990 Universal shows that would never see the light of day on DVD, you can knock off a dozen or so from his list, thanks to Timeless, and Hart Sahrp for Banacek. I think E one has released The Snoop Sisters and Elllery Queen, so there you go!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
These are the ones from that initial list that *did* get out in whole or substantive part.

Alias Smith and Jones
Arrest and Trial
BL Stryker
Banacek
Checkmate
Cimarron City
Coronado 9
The Deputy
Ellery Queen
Frontier Circus
Johnny Staccato
Mrs Columbo (It had several episodes released in the Columbo DVD sets)
Oregon Trail
Restless Gun
Riverboat
Snoop Sisters
Soldiers of Fortune
State Trooper
Street Hawk
Tales of the Gold Monkey
The Tall Man
Voyagers
Whispering Smith

vincefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Amy
Universal released a few seasons of Baretta. I am still waiting for the complete series.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by vincefan

Universal released a few seasons of Baretta. I am still waiting for the complete series.

They released the first season of Baretta, which was only a half season of 13 episodes. Oh, and by the way, I watched a Matt Lincoln episode last week at an archive. Terrible show and extremely boring.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Oh, and by the way, I watched a Matt Lincoln episode last week at an archive. Terrible show and extremely boring.
Thanks for your mini-review, but since you once posted how funny you thought THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW was, I'll take a pass on this critique as well.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Oh, and by the way, I watched a Matt Lincoln episode last week at an archive. Terrible show and extremely boring.

What? Why in the world would you feel the need to say that to Amy? Just to be mean-spirited?

Originally Posted by Point-Blank

Thanks for your mini-review, but since you once posted how funny you thought THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW was, I'll take a pass on this critique as well.

Walker, you owe me a Dr. Pepper now. I just spewed mine out laughing so hard after reading your post.

Gary "Uni definitely has some shows I'd like to see completed, and others I wouldn't mind at least sampling" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS
Quote:

What? Why in the world would you feel the need to say that to Amy? Just to be mean-spirited?

Walker, you owe me a Dr. Pepper now. I just spewed mine out laughing so hard after reading your post.

Gary "Uni definitely has some shows I'd like to see completed, and others I wouldn't mind at least sampling" O.

It's typical for this poster. We've seen it for years here, under alias'es, condescending posts, about "100 inch" TV's, and how some shows are "terrible", stating as if that's a fact and not one opinion, lectures about how "cheap" we are, since we don't buy DVD's at prices that were norm in the "old days", etc.... oh yeah, also how dumb we all are for not compiling our own store room of 80's VHS tapes and haven't taped every show that's aired since.... 1970?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks