What's new

Full Spectrum Warrior? (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Got it today, will be tutoring / playing a bit tonight. Look like a whole new experience on the genre, can't wait to try it out.

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
I'll be picking this one up tomorrow. I've been waiting for this one. It appears to be awesome. Can't wait to check out online play.

I like SOCOM and SOCOM 2 on my PS2 as well even though a pretty much suck at both compared to other players on-line. I think these two games are great team based games when played single player and using a headset. Once online however, most people just do what they want at the cost of the team.

I'm hoping Full Spectrum Warrior will require teamwork more and encourage it's use online.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I'm concerned that this game might not be my cup of tea. I'm hoping to rent it. I'm concerned about playing a game that you are not a physical participant in. I know it's a strategy game but it 'sounds' interesting.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I didn't realize this would have Live support as well. As an already amazing game concept it certainly elevates its status when going tactical against another person rather than AI. Didn't realize this title was released already. Thought it was later this month.

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
I have been waiting a long time for this one, hoping to pick it up today at Circuit City (to get the $10 GC)

No way this one's going on my GameFly list, it's a must have for me.. I just hope I'm not disappointed.

If anyone has any "hands-on" with it yet, I'd love to hear about it.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

It's CoOp only online, not player vs player. Each player controls one squad while the two of you work towards the goal for that level.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I enjoyed the tutorial, thats all i got through last night. the quotes are hilarious:

'Yo, you dont gotta @%@^^in ask me twice when it comes to blowin @^%@ up!'

I'm not very good at it yet. It reminds me a LOT of Rainbow Six 3.

Sam

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Cool, just picked it up at lunch... of course I won't see my Xbox until Saturday as it currently doesn't live at my place :angry:

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
After reading some early reviews, I've decided to wait on purchasing this title. I will get it but I will not be in such a hurry as I was before. Maybe let it go platinum like most of the titles I buy at full price. ;-)

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Well I bailed on my plans so I could get an hour with this game last night... I personally love it so far.

Now, I've only done the training so far, but it's hooked me. I will say that it is one of those love it or hate it type games, I don't think there's middle ground here. I find it very refreshing compared to the typical FPS type game. This one's all about strategy and team management.

There's a boatload of shooters out there, this one tries something different by being a shooter where you don't actually shoot, and for me it works.

I'll try to update with my opinions after playing further into it, but I'm excited about this one so far :emoji_thumbsup:

And yeah, I love the babbling that goes on amongst the team... like the "just like the hood yo, I get shot at and can't shoot back" type comments... heh

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Third. You don't control the characters directly ala Rainbow Six - this is a squad level game with you directing your two team of three characters.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I bought this game & took a chance and I'm only on the first real mission but I'm blown away. I was concerned about not liking this game but for those of you who aren't sure, basically in this game it's true, you don't actually pull the trigger but you control ALL of the men basically at the same time. It's almost as if you are doing it because you have all of the control. It's not as if you issue a command and then sit back and watch a clip, which is kind of what I thought.
When the squads actually got dropped into Zekistan I literally got chills. The Middle Eastern music, the atmosphere, etc. have made this a must try game IMO.

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah... I'm having tons of fun with this one also.
I just wish I had more Xbox time lately as I haven't been able to play much :frowning:

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

Yes!!! This game is awesome to me so far, I love it. It's the most authentic game I've played. The personalities of the characters seem so real. The dudes voices sound like they are from those of that ethnicity. The black dudes sound like it's black dudes doing the voices. And the white dude that acts black was tastefully done. Normally I can't stand that shit, but they did it well here. I guess I can't stand it, because it's always overly done, but they did it just right.

soldier1-"Those apache's are off the heezee my neezee!"
soldier2-"You never were, you not now, and you never will be..black"
soldier1-"Black is a state of mind my brotha"

Classic!!! I just about fell over when they said this.

The graphics in this game are extraordinary. The scenery and every thing is just great. And the middle eastern wood winds sound excellent. It has a black hawk down feel to it. The explosions from the RPG are incredibly loud and hard!!!! They made my svs bottom out twice!!!!! Subwoofers beware!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

Yes!!! This game is awesome to me so far, I love it. It's the most authentic game I've played. The personalities of the characters seem so real. The dudes voices sound like they are from those of that ethnicity. The black dudes sound like it's black dudes doing the voices. And the white dude that acts black was tastefully done. Normally I can't stand that shit, but they did it well here. I guess I can't stand it, because it's always overly done, but they did it just right.

soldier1-"Those apache's are off the heezee my neezee!"
soldier2-"You never were, you not now, and you never will be..black"
soldier1-"Black is a state of mind my brotha"

Classic!!! I just about fell over when they said this.

The graphics in this game are extraordinary. The scenery and every thing is just great. And the middle eastern wood winds sound excellent. It has a black hawk down feel to it. The explosions from the RPG are incredibly loud and hard!!!! They made my svs bottom out twice!!!!! Subwoofers beware!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks