-

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer VSX-D812 and 2 channel hi-rez audio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Dave - A

Dave - A

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted June 02 2004 - 02:04 AM

Hi everyone,

I have the above mentioned receiver and was wondering about how to hook it up to get the best sound when listening to 2 channel SACD or DVD-A (I don't have the player yet, I'm waiting for the s1500). Should I listen through the 7.1 DVD output or should I have a separate hook up from the mixed 2 channel output?
The receiver will not let you use the loudness or tone controls when in 7.1 mode but will when playing through the 2 channel output. So I was wondering if the sound is down converted through the 2 channel out.

Thanks,
Dave

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Rachael B

Rachael B

Producer

• 4,637 posts

Posted June 02 2004 - 03:55 PM

Try it both ways, kuntry & western. Hook 'em up and see. You'll get the purest sound through the L & R of the 5.1 input but you may not like that if you don't have full-range towers...?
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Ken Mui

Ken Mui

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted June 07 2004 - 07:50 AM

This particular unit has a direct mode for 2 channels which bypasses all extraneous bells and whistles like tone control, dsp, etc. It is not usually found in a receiver and moreso in high end preamps, very surprise to find such a feature. Hook it up to analog and this will get you the purist sound you're looking for.