What's new

Pioneer VSX-D812 and 2 channel hi-rez audio (1 Viewer)

Dave - A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Hi everyone,

I have the above mentioned receiver and was wondering about how to hook it up to get the best sound when listening to 2 channel SACD or DVD-A (I don't have the player yet, I'm waiting for the s1500). Should I listen through the 7.1 DVD output or should I have a separate hook up from the mixed 2 channel output?
The receiver will not let you use the loudness or tone controls when in 7.1 mode but will when playing through the 2 channel output. So I was wondering if the sound is down converted through the 2 channel out.

Thanks,
Dave

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Try it both ways, kuntry & western. Hook 'em up and see. You'll get the purest sound through the L & R of the 5.1 input but you may not like that if you don't have full-range towers...?

Ken Mui

Grip
This particular unit has a direct mode for 2 channels which bypasses all extraneous bells and whistles like tone control, dsp, etc. It is not usually found in a receiver and moreso in high end preamps, very surprise to find such a feature. Hook it up to analog and this will get you the purist sound you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks