What's new

Anyone in Utah interested in calibration by Gregg Loewen? (1 Viewer)

Kincade

Second Unit
I have been speaking to gregg loewen via email, and he will be in our area this summer. Is anyone interested in getting him here to do a few calibrations?

Thanks in advance,

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Where's Utah?? Awe heck, I guess it doesnt matter as long as the pilot knows! :)

Kincade

Second Unit
Matthew,

I'll email kyle now and see if he's interested...

Who is Wes? Nice that there is someone else here!

Thanks for checkin' in Gregg! Hopefully we'll get you here next month! How many do you need to make it worthwhile?

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
Kincade, to find Wes, just do a search for posts by "Wes." I believe that's his complete username. I think he's just (or about to) traded in his NEC CRT FP for a Panasonic LCD.

Matt

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
My new Panasonic LCD PJ will be here tomorrow. At the moment I do not have the funds for calibration. Thanks for asking!

I may have a neighbor that could use a pro to converge his Mitsubishi 57" RPTV. Seems Mits did not do a convergence on the 1080 from the factory and 2 years later when he finally got HD found a big surprise. He has been unable to find anyone locally competent to converge it correctly. Greg would tackling this be of interest to you?

Wes

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
What would you charge to do the convergence on 480i, 480p, and 1080i on his mit's if you are in town. I don't think he will want to do a full calibration.
Now mind me this will not just beable to be done through the consumer menu, The geometry is way out.

Wes

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Wes.

I dont do partial work, if I touch a set it must be setup correctly. On that note, pricing is share of the airline ticket, and $400 for a calibration, then add $150 for HD calibration.

Regards

Gregg

Kincade

Second Unit
Gregg,

I estimate the plane ticket would be about $100 by current pricing on jetblue and southwest. So 5 ppl would be about $20/each, not too bad.

$400 for calibration. Not to sound like a dummy, but what is the difference between that and HD calibration?

What about focus, etc? Is that extra, or is the $400 the whole shebang?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
the $400 is for the whole "shebang" (see www.lionav.com for a listing of services) and includes the gray scale calibration for the DVD scan rate. HD is usually a different gray scale, different color decoder work, and separate overscan, geometry, and convergence work. Add $150 for HD.

Kincade

Second Unit
Gregg,

Thanks for the answers!

So, with a DVD input and a DirecTV input (non-HD), I would only need the basic $400 shebang then?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

We could make this as a side trip while I am at Runco training in San Fran in late July. I will have to know pretty quickly though.

On a side note...I leave for LA in the morning so I wont be able to regularly check in.

If somebody has a specific question please dont hesitate to call me on my cell, 201 232 3380.

Regards

Gregg Loewen

Kincade

Second Unit
Ok, so far I have Matthew and myself... Nobody else? We've gotta have at least 4 to make it worth our while...

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
Kincade, would this be around the end of July? If so, count me in.

I do have a question for Gregg. I have a CRT front projector with good blue and red tubes. The green tube has a lot of wear though (fairly even). I actually do have a replacement brand new green tube. I'm wondering if I should have someone replace the green tube before you calibrate, or should I just stick with the green tube I have now (or maybe you could do the tube swap?).

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks