What's new

Best Buy & the Star Wars Trilogy (1 Viewer)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if Best Buy is planning on being open at midnight on Monday night before 9/21/04 to sell the OT on DVD?

Peace,

DM

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'd be willing to bet a Bantha that any BB location that did a midnight opening recently for Return of the King would also do that for Star Wars. :wink:

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Good call David. I'm not sure my local BB did one for ROTK. Guess I could call.

Am I remembering correctly that many BB stores did this for SW:TPM & SW:AOTC?

Peace,

DM

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I never gave an update, but I actually got a phone call from BB Customer service shortly after I emailed them. Very helpful and friendly person and they said it would be a store to store decision, not company wide, to stay open after midnight and sell the trilogy on Monday night.

Peace,

DM

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I hope that Best Buy will have some kind of bonus disc with the set like they did with Indiana Jones. I haven't pre-ordered the trilogy for this reason.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
AFAIK, Best Buy has never had this kind of deal with Fox. Just Paramount, Anchor Bay and Universal.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Actually, Best Buy had an exclusive bonus disc with "Master And Commander", which was a Fox release.

MikeDE

Second Unit
I'm wondering who will have the better deal, BB or Circuit City. I have collected hotel points for a $100 gift certificate for either place, and want to use it for the trilogy. Not sure which place to cash them in for.

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator

You could probably get the certificate for either one and then have that store to price match the other if it isn't the cheapest...

Jeff D

Supporting Actor

But with the way CC has bad stocking of big releases with great prices it might not work to well.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Best Buy had Bonus Discs for The MAtrix Films (Warner Brothers) and lots of Preview Discs for Fox releases including "24" Season 2.

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
Do you guys really want to be seen in a line with such characters as a 360lb clown stuffed into a poorly fitting storm trooper costume or some goof dressed like Jar Jar at 12:00 in the morning? :D

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator

Did you happen to see the segment on Conan a while back where Triumph visited the premier of Attack of the Clones? The whole thing was hilarious, but the best part was when Triumph was talking with the guy dressed in a Darth Vader costume. The costume had a bunch of buttons on a chest mounted control panel and Triumph quipped, "That's a pretty impressive costume. Which one of those buttons calls your Mom to come pick you up?" I almost wet myself.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
isnt best buy giving a r2-d2 bonus disc ?

I pre-ordered mine and it comes with a bonus disc. they are limited though.

Larry W

Agent
Yeah. The bonus disc they are offering right now is the R2D2 Beneath The Dome disc which has been out for over a year. I hope BB offers a different bonus disc when it hits the shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks