Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Set up DVD for TV.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Ed*Wheaton

Ed*Wheaton

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted May 30 2004 - 11:43 PM

Hi all; I am looking to purchase a set-up DVD for my rear projection TV.So far I have been told that Avia and video essentials are good.Does anybody have a preference?The Avia is a bit more expensive but is it better?Like to hear what others have to say. Thanks Ed

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne

Screenwriter

• 2,406 posts

Posted June 03 2004 - 05:25 AM

Not sure about the new Digital Video Essentials but the old Video Essentials resolution pattern does not go high enough to measure DVD's capabilities (540 TVL @ 4:3 or 720 max pixels across). For that reason I suggest Avia as the first choice.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.c...ynejr/video.htm

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted June 03 2004 - 06:22 AM

I've only used Avia and IMHO I can tell you It makes a difference, after calbrating my set I noticed some picture details that where hidden before, you'll be amazed about how much interference the sharpness control gets into the picture, in the past I tried lots of improvements on my systme, like, better cables, surge protection, grounding my electrical installation, painting the wall behind the screen, but I'm sure calibrating with avia is the single most important imporovement I've done.
Eduardo Bonifaz