Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The White Shadow

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted May 29 2004 - 02:56 AM

I know this is a bit of a long shot (no pun intended) but does anyone think that The White Shadow might get released some day?

Andy

#2 of 14 Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted May 29 2004 - 05:31 AM

It was one of those gems of a show from the late 1970's into the early 80's. I can only hope that all of these shows some day will be on our shelves in the DVD format in complete season sets.

BJ and the Bear was another show from that same time period. I would like that one for my TV Shows on DVD collection too!

MM

#3 of 14 Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted May 29 2004 - 05:35 AM

The White Shadow was an MTM production, which means it is now owned by Fox. Fox hasn't released any MTM shows since the first season of Mary Tyler Moore.

I have to think that Fox eventually will start doing something with the MTM library, but clearly it's not a priority for them at this point.

#4 of 14 James Thompson

James Thompson

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted February 04 2005 - 04:04 AM

I am a reader of the SportsGuy column by Bill Simmons on ESPN's Page 2, and he is a huge White Shadow fan. If I am not mistaken, he said that some of the White Shadow epsiodes are "missing" or "lost", so I am not sure we would ever see this entire series out on DVD. Can anyone verify this?

I did a lot of research on the internet after watching it on ESPN Classic a few years ago, and Classic seemed to show them in order according to the episode guides I found, but it did seem that they skipped some episodes.
FLY EAGLES ON ROAD VICTORY!!!!!! E.A.G.L.E.S. GO EAGLES

#5 of 14 Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted February 04 2005 - 04:25 AM

I've been hoping against hope that the current movie "Coach Carter" would spur some interest in "The White Shadow". With its subject matter, plus the fact that it's directed by Thomas Carter (who played Hayward on TWS), there seems to be a natural link back to the show, as many reviewers have also noted; here's one example:

http://seattletimes.....3_coach14.html

At least TWS is getting these mentions in the press because of the movie, and we can only hope that it might stir both memories and interest in the show...

#6 of 14 James Thompson

James Thompson

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 04:43 AM

Has anyone come across a review of this DVD? I am curious if it is unedited. I have only ever watched the ESPN Classic versions they ran back in like 2000 and 2001.
FLY EAGLES ON ROAD VICTORY!!!!!! E.A.G.L.E.S. GO EAGLES

#7 of 14 Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 06:52 AM

I have not seen a review but my copy was shipped today. Can't wait to start watching the episodes!

Andy

#8 of 14 Derek K.

Derek K.

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 08:25 AM

Saw 'Shadow' in Tower Records today. 1 Week early.

Great show!

#9 of 14 Jack Platt

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 04:42 PM

The White Shadow was an MTM production, which means it is now owned by Fox. Fox hasn't released any MTM shows since the first season of Mary Tyler Moore. I have to think that Fox eventually will start doing something with the MTM library, but clearly it's not a priority for them at this point.

Actually, The Bob Newhart Show Seasons 1 and 2 are now out on DVD. They were also MTM productions.

Jack

#10 of 14 MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,474 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
Saw 'Shadow' in Tower Records today. 1 Week early.

Today (Nov. 8) is the release date.

#11 of 14 Scott Hamilton

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 06:45 PM

anyone else having problems with disc 1 side 2?

#12 of 14 JeffWld

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 01:50 AM

Quote:
Has anyone come across a review of this DVD? I am curious if it is unedited.

I just had time to check a few episodes and they were coming in around 48:10, which is about right. I noticed a few of the blacks had been pulled up tight as well (a la Universal).

#13 of 14 Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted December 27 2006 - 09:34 AM

No way! I got Season One & Two for Christmas. My wife did one of those buy one get one free series on Deep Discount DVD.com

I'm watching episode one from Season One. I got to the theme song intro at the beginning and it started to skip. Polished it, tried it again and again.... DEFECTIVE DISC!

I checked Season Two and it's all good but I'm sending back Season One for a good set.

I'm not a big fan of double-sided discs. This happened to me before with Buck Rogers and the 25th Century.

Did this happen to anyone else?

#14 of 14 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,215 posts

Posted December 25 2013 - 08:04 PM

I purchased S2 of The White Shadow for a sweet deal. It has to be over 30 years since I have seen S2 and I must admit I was impressed with a few of the episodes, especially later episodes. The death of one of the basketball player was very touching, especially on how Coach Reeves handle the situation. I just hope that S3 will get released one day as way to finished the set. I realize S3 the show started to go down hill, but I would still like to have the set!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow