-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Blockbuster 3/$25 DVD's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Gerry S

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted May 28 2004 - 05:07 AM

Was just in to my local Blockbuster, and they had 3/$25 for this weekend only on previously viewed DVD's.

Picked up Master & Commander, Sea Biscuit and X2.

-Gerry

#2 of 11 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,520 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 28 2004 - 05:34 AM

Who needs Best Buy coupons when there are deals like this? They can take their 10% and stick it where their management resides.

I'm there! Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#3 of 11 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,982 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 28 2004 - 09:22 AM

I'm in! I'm going with Malcolm! I just picked up Last Samurai PV. Unfortunately, there's not too much else out I'm interested in right now.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 11 Jeannette Walsh

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted May 28 2004 - 09:51 AM

I got The Missing, Matchstick Men and Master & Commander

not bad for $8.83 each virtually new condition.

Didn't see Last Samurai there though.

#5 of 11 Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted May 30 2004 - 08:55 PM

Check again Monday (today), guys. We pull on Sundays and sometimes as late as Mondays. Small but quality pulls today. Kill Bill, Big Fish, Love Don't Cost A Thing, and more, depending on location. Also, the sale goes on until close Monday night, so you still have a chance to browse. FYI, this also includes the 9.99 Big DVD Trade In titles that aren't technically PVD's, but they ring up in the 3 for 25 or 2 for 20 (which is a permanent everyday low price sort of program still in effect, even this holiday weekend). As a DVD collector long before my Blockbuster tenure, those are just some good deals.

Matt
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

#6 of 11 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,493 posts

Posted May 31 2004 - 05:41 AM

Damnit, the guys said it was only through yesterday so I picked out 3. Big Fish is one I particularly wanted. If it's there today and the sale is still on, I'm gonna be a little pissed.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#7 of 11 MikeH

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted May 31 2004 - 06:51 AM

Matt, how does your store mark you DVD's. Mine takes a black sharpie and writes BLOCKBUSTER and some code on the discs. It really prevents me from taking advantage of these deals so I wondered if it is company policy to mark disc and if there is a standard.

Thanks,

Mike

#8 of 11 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,493 posts

Posted May 31 2004 - 07:46 AM

Mike, my local store used to write "PPD" on them, but now they don't put anything. FWIW, all is not lost. I use a soft cotton polishing cloth, the type intended to buff wax off your car (don't use it for that, though) and some rubbing alcohol to remove the writing. Contrary to what has sometimes been said on this forum, rubbing alcohol will not harm DVDs. Any damage people caused was not due to the rubbing alcohol, but by how it was applied. moisten the cloth well and rub gently from center to edge until the print is gone. I have done this with hundreds of DVD without a single problem. It is also good for cleaning the surface of the disc, but don't use a part of the cloth that has dark residue from the ink.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#9 of 11 Jon-C

Jon-C

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted June 05 2004 - 04:43 PM

I stopped into BB today and they are having a sale for PV, buy 2 get 1 free. There wasn't much left on the shelves to choose from, so I asked an employee if there was another PV display located somewhere else in the store. She replied "no", but would go look for a box of PV she had seen in the back room, earlier in the day.

Well, to make a long story short, I picked up (all with original cases and inserts) Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Open Range, School Of Rock, Lion King 1.5, Brother Bear and LXG for $24 and some change.

I need to drop by BB more often!Posted Image Posted Image

#10 of 11 Frank@N

Frank@N

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted June 06 2004 - 01:08 AM

I wonder if they (BB) were feeling any pressure from the Hollywood Video sale...

It's the same price and has been running for weeks.

I'm partial to HV because they place the movies in new cases typically.

They also don't mark the discs or cases either.

I only know of one location that puts a security sticker on the disc (black strip) due a theft problem at that store.

For whatever reason, I really don't like BB.

#11 of 11 Frank@N

Frank@N

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted June 06 2004 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
I stopped into BB today....buy 2 get 1 free

Quote:
I picked up OUATIM, OR, SOR, LK 1.5, BB and LXG for $24 and some change.

I don't get it, I thought it was 3/$25

Six movies at $24 is $4 a movie...

Or $6 a movie if you paid only for 4...

Forum Nav Content I Follow