What's new

Golden Girls comes to DVD on Nov 30th! (1 Viewer)

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
It will be nice to see them full length, not with parts cut out like LifeTime does to make way for more commercials time.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
This is very good news. I think that this show has one of the best comedic ensembles ever. I hope that it sells a lot so the studios will realize that young people (and no doubt older people, too!) will buy sets that supposedly skew "old". I was a kid when this show was on and all I know it has fans of all ages.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I'm happy for you all but as someone who lives near Del Rey, I've had my fill of "golden girls" (and "golden boys" as well).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Same here. All too often I'm already laughing in anticipation of the punchline topper just to find it's been cut out. :frowning:

I just hope they put the effort into ensuring full, complete episodes and don't get some half-assed mix of cut and uncut like on some other sets.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Very well put Amy.

I'll definitely buy this perhaps more than 1 copy, this would also be a good Christmas present for my mom.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Congratulations, guys. Not a sale for me, but I know you have been waiting for this for a long time. :)

Phil_L

Second Unit
Can't breathe, too excited....... I have been waiting for this since the dawn of TV on DVD. My sister will love this too!

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I have been awaiting this since TV on DVD became popular, and even created an online petition (www.petitiononline.com/golden) singed 11812 people - so obviously this is wanted!!

This show is one of the top rated TV shows in syndication as people have mentioned. This was proven when it was actually on the primtime Nielson ratings about a year ago which is odd for a syndicated show that started 2 decades ago!

This is personally my favourite show of all time, so I will be there when the store opens! I have been watching this since it began re-airing in Canada five years ago, have every episode on tape, and catch it as often as I can. This is the only show (along with The Mary Tyler Morre Show) that I can watch repeatedly, and not tire of. While shows like I Love Lucy are great, there are certain epsiodes that I trie of - not with The Golden Girls! I am 18, and this is extremely popular with university/college students, as seen on The OC.

I hope the include the original season one openings! That would be awesome! Anything more would just be great, such as commentaries, interviews, TV spots, advertsing galleries, magazine covers/articles, various documentaries that have aired over the years, award clips, Lifetime bios on the girls, and the NBC Fall Preview on the Girls. What do you all think, what types of bonus features would you like to see?

Andy

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they take advantage, and do cast commentaries while Betty, Rue, and Bea are still alive and well. Actually, Bea probably wouldn't do commentaries... but I'm sure Rue might, and I'm positive Betty would. I really hope they do! Even if it's only on the Pilot episode... but hopefully more.

A creator's commentary would be nice too, but I'd rather have a cast one!

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I agree Michael, cast commentaries would be great to have! Since the was originally supposed to be released last year (although no date given), I hope that they took the extra time to give us fans some truly great bonus features! How has Buena Vista been on their other TV-DVD releases? Are they always great product, or do they vary?

Andy

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The only Disney TV discs I have are WD Treasures discs with Disney anthology series episodes or discs with episodes as supplements, and they are pretty good (but not flawless, and then there's the incident with Disneyland USA). Some even have the "coming next week" tags and ads for whatever Disney film was in theatres at the time intact.

Josh Carpenter

Auditioning
I sooo can't wait for this.. Im a huge golden girl fan(and only 26years old :P)

I hope there is commentaries.. but bea I dont think will do it, there is some bad blood between them I think.(maybe she will be offered a bunch of money, to do it anyway:))

"picture it, late 2004, USA.. we are finally gonna be on dvd.."

:)

Still not confirmed though from BV? I know Ultimate Disney is a good source.. but could still be wrong.. i so hope its true though. this would crush me, if it isnt :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks