What's new

Pioneer Elite Pro 107 Video Problem (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Randy
I have a 10 year old Pioneer Elite Pro 107 projection tv. It has now started to have a video problem. There seems to be a projection problem creating a half moon shape void on the top portion of the screen. Also, the titles and imaging seem to be color separated between yellow and blue... Any ideas?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Not sure about the half-moon problem, but if the color is seperating, that's just a convergence problem, you need to re-converge I'm sure, if you've not done that in 10 years. Wow that's a long time to go without convergence... :b

Real Name
Randy
Tried to re-coverge but no help. Half moon is more like a blue hue and yellow hue. You can see the picture but now have shadows and split text on top portion.

Real Name
Randy
How long should a big screen last? I thought Pioneer Elite would last longer with better quality...

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Well, depends heavily on how you've driven the tubes to know how long it lasts. My projectors are ten years old and are in great conditions (one better than the other), so really it depends. Though on consumer sets the electronics probably aren't as hardy.

And I guess I'm not understanding at all this "half moon" problem you are describing. Could you post a screenshot, or more carefully describe it? The size, shape color, how it shows up with relation to different picture material, etc.

Real Name
Randy
Sure. One thing is that you can see the whole picture in all of screen. On the top 1/5 there is a blue arc that showed up two days ago. This arc is causing shadows on the top portion of the picture. Inside the arc is appears like a yellow half moon hue over the picture. This started two days ago, went away after about an hour, then appeard again yesterday and has not went away...

Real Name
Randy
One more thing. Over the past 1-2 years, I have been having trouble with the circuitry. My tuner has had ghosts and I had two run off of VCR to get clear picture. The TV at times also shuts itself off. I think it is trying to reset itself...

A friend of mine had very simular problems. No strange arcs, but everything else was the same. He had a tech come out and determined that it was the convergence module. Doubt they can fix a ten year old RP. Not sure????

A friend of mine had very simular problems. No strange arcs, but everything else was the same. He had a tech come out and determined that it was the convergence module. Doubt they can fix a ten year old RP. Not sure????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks