Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Backyard party

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   MichaelBarletta

MichaelBarletta

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 07:58 AM

I had my first backyard party for my sons 3rd birthday last weekend. It was awesome as everyone was blown away by the H/T. I played all music DVD's like Fleetwood Mack, Rod Stewart and Grease. Nobody expected to see DVD to go along with the "soundtrack"! The only problem was that I had no outdoor speakers, but it sounded awesone none the less. I have been shopping for two all weather speakers to mount on the house. With two rocks in the gardens for the "surround" and a switch box at a later date. What I came up with was the Sonance Mariner 200 @ $390 per pair. http://www.sonance.c...._two_cat_name= I thought I might want a hard dome tweeter for the outdoors but wanted some feedback as I have never heard any outdoor H/T speakers in a "real world" situation. Thanks, Mike.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor

• 867 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 09:08 AM

I personally really like the Klipsch outdoor speakers. They have very good bass and very good treble. I haven't tested them for such things like durability over the years but from what I understand they should last a long time. Regardless the sound is very nice. I've never been toooo fond of the rock speakers, even though they look nice when there is a garden or something, there sound is not so impressive as the looks.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   JoeHard

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator

• 136 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 09:41 AM

Michael,
I've had good luck with Boston outdoor speakers. I've had the same pair on my deck for 10 years, although I did replace both drivers before I put them up this summer.