What's new

Gidget - Full Screen Only?? (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Several websites show an upcoming collection of Gidget movies from Columbia - but full screen only - is there also a wide screen verion also?

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Joe, I too am looking forward to this release. I'm not sure of the OAR though. I'm asking around right now. That would be a shame. We got anamorphic WS for Beach Blanket Bingo for corn's sake.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
damn-
i was just going to ask about this a week ago.
TCM ran Gidget in OAR just the last week or week before (and its a scope film, pan and scanning would be major boneheaded move).

pleasant suprise to hear its coming.
if its not OAR though that would suck mightily.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
That should be frown, John*C, since it shows Gidget as being a 'scope film and Joe's post implies that it's being released in pan&scan only. :frowning:

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I had been under the impression this collection is the one season TV series starring Sally Field, which of course should be presented in 1:33 to 1.

DVD File announced it as a TV on DVD title also, but as stated some sights have artwork and specs for a 3 movie series. These shouldn't be released in MAR format. Too bad.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I sure hope that GIDGET is widescreen. Seeing it on TCM letterboxed looking so good, I cannot imagine that Sony would commit such a travesty as a Fullscreen only! But Sony has ruined so many DVD releases I guess they just don't seem to care about quality or film preservation. Who makes the decisions there? A 5 year old?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
if its a 2 disc set, it would make more sense that this collection would just be the TV show.

weren't there 3 Gidget movies?
the first one, from what i saw, looked like a lot of fun and i hope it shows up on disc OAR intact, but the sequels don't sound all that impressive and essential.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
There seems to be some confusion about exactly what Columbia are releasing. The Sony Pictures site shows a small cover shot for a three-movie/ two disc set that's obviously the 1959 movie and its sequels. One or two retailers obviously think the release is the 1965 tv series. I wouldn't panic until better details come out because Columbia aren't saying anything positive yet.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

defintiely the theatrical features (Yeah!)
and a decent price too (considering Columbia usually has single catalog titles at $25 msrp)

but still no conclusive word on aspect ratio.
(can't believe in 2004 this is still an issue/cause for concern)

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I've been looking forward the first film on DVD since forever, but I will NOT buy it if it is pan 'n' scan!

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I've been looking forward the first film on DVD since forever, but I will NOT buy it if it is pan 'n' scan!

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
According to press materials from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment--and confirmed by this low-res image of the back cover from its press site (squint at the lower right-hand corner)--the Gidget movies will be "1.33:1 FULL SCREEN":

(c) CTHE 2004

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
According to press materials from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment--and confirmed by this low-res image of the back cover from its press site (squint at the lower right-hand corner)--the Gidget movies will be "1.33:1 FULL SCREEN":

(c) CTHE 2004

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
BOO !!!!!
SONY !!!!!
HOW COULD THEY BE SO STUPID,
GIVE ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS, SOMEONE,
I WANT TO LET THEM KNOW HOW UNHAPPY, I AM ABOUT THIS
MAJOR MISTAKE !!!!!!!!

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
BOO !!!!!
SONY !!!!!
HOW COULD THEY BE SO STUPID,
GIVE ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS, SOMEONE,
I WANT TO LET THEM KNOW HOW UNHAPPY, I AM ABOUT THIS
MAJOR MISTAKE !!!!!!!!

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
What idiots they are at Sony....

Do they not realize the VERY core audience for this set would demand OAR? Do they really think this is for J6P at Wal-Mart?

This is the most moronic decision they've made since they decided to colorize the Stooges :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks