Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Clips from "Walker, Texas Ranger"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 of 60 OFFLINE   Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted May 25 2004 - 09:23 PM

If you haven't seen Late Night with Conan lately, you have absolutely no idea what you're missing. Recently NBC and Universal merged so since Universal owns USA and USA owns "Walker, Texas Ranger", Conan shows clips of the show at random with the pull of a lever. And for those who have seen it, what has your favorite clip so far been? The last one from Monday's Tom Arnold show with the closeups of the eyes was hysterical.
Danny Federici, we'll meet you in the land of hope and dreams

#2 of 60 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 840 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 02:23 AM

-Takes a sniff of the soil.-

"A plane crashed here." Posted Image

#3 of 60 OFFLINE   Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

• 935 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 02:34 AM

He's always like that, especially on talk shows.

#4 of 60 OFFLINE   Michael J K

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 03:02 AM

These are great, and now along with the Knight Rider chain pull, it is one of the best talk show bits going!

#5 of 60 OFFLINE   StephenT

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 06:01 AM

Did you see the episode where he could push the button to play the theme from Beverly Hills Cop? Good stuff. I like it when he does it in the middle of an interview that's going wrong.
Stephen

#6 of 60 OFFLINE   JakeR

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 09:57 AM

That's hilarious! I caught one of his "Walker" fetish scenes, but not that one. "Walker," incidentally, ranks as possibly the worst successful show in the history of the medium. Shoehorning "messages" in between that block of wood Norris kicking guys in the sternum was mind-numbing.

#7 of 60 OFFLINE   Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 05:46 PM

The one were Norris used the Jet Pack and was reading a book in bed has me in tears. Conan is the best. I wish NBC would give him 11:30.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#8 of 60 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted May 28 2004 - 09:36 PM

Just a heads up the 10th anniversary is gonna be released on DVD, as well as a "best of" Triumph DVD which also contains the Star Wars line Posted Image

Thanks to David | Link

#9 of 60 OFFLINE   Dave Miller

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

• 854 posts

Posted May 29 2004 - 12:51 AM

Triumph showing up at the premier of Star Wars was some of the funniest television I have ever seen.

-Triumph looks at the chest controls of someone wearing a Darth Vader costumer-

"Which one of these buttons calls your mother to come pick you up." Posted Image

Peace,

DM
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

#10 of 60 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted May 29 2004 - 03:39 AM

The first time he showed them, they were funny but they've been lame afterwards. ~T

#11 of 60 OFFLINE   John Milton

John Milton

Second Unit

• 291 posts

Posted May 29 2004 - 05:22 AM

That was hilarious. I only saw that night's show but it would take a lot to top that. Posted Image

#12 of 60 OFFLINE   Sanjay Joseph

Sanjay Joseph

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted May 29 2004 - 02:53 PM

I need to get back to Conan shows. He's definitely the most entertaining of the hosts.

#13 of 60 OFFLINE   Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted May 29 2004 - 06:21 PM

I absolutely agree. Leno and Letterman are completely overrated. Leno just isn't funny and a terrible interviewer. With Letterman, the whole show seems like an inside joke from the audience. And the annoying thing about Letterman's audience is that they applaud at EVERYTHING. I remember Dave said something about two animals that mate and the audience applauded. The producer must be pretty trigger happy with that applause sign button. I think Dave reached his peak of the last two years when he did his "Words of Wisdom from Dr. Phil" bit nightly. With Kilborn, I've just never liked his type (or lack) of humor. Conan's my favorite probably because of his style is very defined and hilarious. He's great at combining self-deprecation with quick on his feet wit. He makes the interviews funny because he always goes off topic and makes it funny.

Danny Federici, we'll meet you in the land of hope and dreams

#14 of 60 OFFLINE   Sanjay Joseph

Sanjay Joseph

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted May 30 2004 - 06:28 AM

Yeah, Conan's interview are so funny. Sometimes, I don't know where he pulls that stuff out from? He says the most off the wall things and take the conversation to crazy places.

#15 of 60 OFFLINE   Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted May 30 2004 - 11:24 AM

I saw this last week. I was one the ground, rolling with laughter @ the Walker clips.
We're Texas.

#16 of 60 OFFLINE   Francois Caron

Francois Caron

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted May 31 2004 - 05:00 AM

Reminds me of Conan's Toronto shows last February. The audience just wouldn't shut up for a minute and were laughing and cheering at EVERYTHING! Posted Image Well, almost everything. Triumph showed up in Quebec City and almost started a revolution. Posted Image

As for Conan at home in NYC, he's humble enough to accept that some of his monologues and sight gags don't always work, often pointing out their deficiencies. But when the gags work, they are definitely some of the best stuff available on late night TV especially when it involves the guests! I remember when he had Jerry Lewis on the show, he'd try to do the "HEEYY LAAAAADYYYYYY!!!!!" yell, and Jerry would get up and start walking off the stage! Posted Image

#17 of 60 OFFLINE   John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted May 31 2004 - 08:03 AM

They had Conan on Bob Costas this week, and started off with a clip of him and Andy playing 'blow/suck' with tissue paper with an actress in the middle [somebody hot, couldn't tell who]. The physical comedy when Conan pulled away the tissue and got a kiss from the actress was the stuff of legend. Flexing, throwing his chair, screaming 'YEESSSSS!!!!' at the top of his lungs. Funny how you don't really notice it, but Conan actually makes the skills of a mime FUNNY. Overexaggerated motions and gesticulations. Attention to detail. Total commitment to the bit. From his feverish grooming of his eyebrows when sizing up a female guest to the impressions he does in his monologues, cracks me up nightly.

#18 of 60 OFFLINE   Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz

Second Unit

• 295 posts

Posted May 31 2004 - 05:52 PM

STAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSS!!!! The Walker stuff is brilliant. I think the "A plane crashed here" clip is the best so far. Although the snake bite was funny too.
Brad Grenz
the Widgets

#19 of 60 OFFLINE   StephenT

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted June 03 2004 - 03:22 AM

Finally watched the episode with the plane crash bit. Loved it. I liked the staring, "It's him!" clip better though. Oh and the plane exploding. Good stuff. I never realized that show was so bad. It was on a long time too, right?
Stephen

#20 of 60 OFFLINE   DouglasRobert

DouglasRobert

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted June 03 2004 - 05:01 AM

Have to agree that the funniest Walker clip was the "Plane Crashed Here". I guess he has lucky that what he licked wasn't a little gift from a furry friend. As I watched the clip I thought, it would have been funny that after he said that they panned off him and a little bit away was the burning plane wreckage. And then as in Naked Gun a cop says "Nothing to see here.", While the plane wreckage burns behind him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users