What's new

What are the odds of seeing Charlies Angels: Season 3? (2 Viewers)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'm not exactly clamoring for this one.
Season 2 was far and away the one season from that show i wanted to see the most, and it was something i expected NOT to see.
But even so, i have been suprised just how much i have been enjoying the eps here, and have been going thru them much faster than i ever expected- so i can't help but wonder-

will there be a season 3?

anybody know if Season 2 performed any better sales-wise than S1?

JosephStas

Auditioning
Unfortunately I don't know anything about the sales of the first two seasons. I would assume the third season will be released on dvd. The show was still pretty popular during the third season plus Farrah made a few guest appearances so I see no reason why it wouldn't be released. I'm concerned about the final two seasons though. I'd love to get that entire series on dvd but lets face facts....hardly anybody watched the last two seasons.

Richie C.

Stunt Coordinator
I loved Tiff (Shelley Hack) so I really hope Season 4 gets released but I guess I won't be surprised if it doesn't....just very disappointed.

JosephStas

Auditioning
Assuming the third season is released and assuming it sells well than we can probably count on the last two seasons being made available. I think Tanya Roberts later success on THAT 70'S SHOW will increase interest in her season (the fifth season). Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I certainly hope this season is released. This is my favorite year. (Columbia, are you listening?) Some of my favorite episodes from this season are "Counterfeit Angels," (Angel look-alikes rob a bank; guest-star Hilary Thompson does a right-on impersonation of Kate Jackson), "Angels on Vacation" (a town with a secret, has a Twilight Zone vibe), "Angels in Springtime" (lesbian overtones!) and "Disco Angels" (Cheryl Ladd shows us her disco moves), not to mention the three shows that Farrah guested in.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
How about if they are going to make season 3 the last one they do (4 & 5 sucked pretty much anyway) they include the 3 Farrah guest shots from season 4 on the set. I think that except for diehard fans, that would be pretty much the ones most people would be interested in from the 4th season.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I have been emailing sony constantly to try and make them aware that there IS still a market for all 5 seasons of Charlie's Angels. I for one, would love to purchase all 5 seasons,even if certain cast members have changed.
Hopefully they consider the fanbase of this show which has gone down as one of the most historic of all action shows.
Is it corny? Sure, but it's great fun!!
:D

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
The odds are pretty good considering all the crap that have now seen 3rd, 4th, and 5th season releases.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I'd say the chances are decent if another movie sequel comes along to tie them into. Otherwise, I'd say it's entirely down to sales of season 2 compared to season 1 (that the sales would have to at least be as good as, if not better, than season 1, and not in a steep decline).

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Anyone heard anything??
This was/is one of my favorites of all time..
Brainless, fun TV. Is there a hope for seasons 3-5??
Hopefully someone knows if it's at least in the works. I know Sony's scheduling is very scattered, and I think the huge fanbase of this show is enough to justify future releases..

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Well, this is Columbia that we're talking about. They can be extremely slow in their release schedules, especially now that other studios are picking up the pace. I think that the new Jeffersons season that they'll release soon will be almost two years after the previous one.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Thought I'd bump this incase anyone has heard anything...
It would really suck to have the series stop after two seasons :frowning:

Chuck L

Screenwriter
The biggest kick in the ass should we not see anymore seasons of this series is for those of us that went on the day of release of the first two seasons and purchased them. Watched them. Loved them. Wanted more.

It is almost like you are being penalized for purchasing the shows that you love when the studios can't seem to make up their mind as to whether or not they will allow the rest of the series to the home market.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
O.K.
So we know that Charlie's Angels Season 3 is not coming in April as previously thought.
Does anyone out there know what happened, and when we should expect to hear something??

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, since Sony hasn't said they cancelled their plans or anything, it follows that we may hear something next month about a May release. Or the month after that for a June release. Really, we just don't know yet. Stay tuned! :)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I visited the Charlie's Angels website, and the new release date for Charlie's Angels: Season 3 is Tuesday, July 4th! (of course, this date is subject to change!) Also learned that the guy who runs the website is also helping Sony with the box cover artwork, so I'm glad to hear that this is more than a rumor and it is definitely in the works.

http://www.charliesangels.com/update.html

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Good news indeed. :emoji_thumbsup: I was writing this one off after the April date got canceled. This is truly the last season I'll need of Charlie's Angels as I grew weary of it by Season 4.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I wish Gord or Dave could confirm this date before we go & get all excited again!!
(hint hint)
As far as Season 4 & 5.
Bring 'em on.
I hate being a few seasons short of any entire series.

Brady

Grip
I agree. Momma didn't raise no quitters, so my motto is, if you're gonna make the decision to start, you make the determination to finish.

Of course, pesky little things like "bottom lines" and "money" always have a habit of producing pretty tough roadblocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.