What's new

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 5/26/'04 "Zero Hour" (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
episode title: "Zero Hour"
episode number: #76
original airdate: May 26, 2004
director: Allan Kroeker
writers: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
synopsis: "Archer leads a team to stop the Xindi weapon before it reaches Earth. Meanwhile, Enterprise will have to face the Sphere Builders."

Well, all's been said and done by now. Only 24 more episodes before Paramount gets its 100-episode syndication package. Commerce lives!

JamesED

Second Unit
I only got to see half of the previous episode. I worked Wed, and my 21st Birthday was on Saturday when they reair. I tried to get it taped like an honest trekkie, but it spit the tape out after we left. :angry:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I think in order to defeat the Sphere builders, the Enterprise crew should build cubes. That would, like, totally blow their minds.

BobV

Second Unit
Don't you love it when a show you enjoy gets its weekly thread started which craps on the show from post #1 and on for two days before it airs?

Oh ya, I just love that.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well Jason, this may be the end of that tradition. A story on Trekweb discusses Braga's plans for S4. It's from a story from a UK magazine.

He says he's not sure what he wants to do in S4, but he's considering handing the show's day to day to Chris Black or Manny Coto as he and Berman are focusing on a new Sci-Fi show. Chris Black is doing a pilot for Frankenstien(?) project so his involvement in S4 is not confirmed yet.

Braga didn't think he could "top his efforts this year". Thought that would be a bone you guys would enjoy chewing on!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

Right there with ya Bob.

I know this keeps getting asked, but why do you guys continue to watch the show if you loathe it so much?

I don't see any other TV shows OR movies on HTF that get ragged on the way Enterprise does. (Okay, maybe Titanic does...snicker)

But for the few of us that do still enjoy it, is it REALLY necessary for the weekly thread to start with 7-10 thread-craps before the show even AIRS? I thought thread-craps were frowned on at HTF? So what's with the double-standard?

Sorry, but this continual bash-fest is starting to grate on me. I'm not big on Berman and Braga either, but at least I wait until I've seen the episode before I trash it.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Tony, two things:

* You've only been here since 2002, so you probably never saw the Voyager threads. That show got ragged on here as much as Enterprise ever has.

* Since these are open-ended threads -- meaning "pro" views as well as "con" views are welcome -- there isn't any thread-crashing going on here. If it were an "Enterprise appreciation"-type thread, then Jason, Rex, I, and other longterm Trek watchers would not post.

As for appearing to prejudge these episodes, it would be not out of line to call these "educated guesses" -- not hard to post, given that we've had more than a decade to know what to expect from B&B. And they never let us down, so to speak.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

First of Jack, no offense is intended, so I hope none was taken.

That being said, you, Jason, Rex and other nay-sayers aren't the only long-term Trek watchers. I imagine you didn't MEAN it, but your message would seem to infer that "long-term watchers" are the ones who don't like the show. I've been watching the original since I was 4-ish. I'm not a WB-watching youngling. :) I'm an old-school sci-fi fan. (Although I don't like my sci-fi as "hard" as Rex does...)

I realize a discussion thread is for just that, discussion. (Both negatives and postives) I have no trouble with that.

However, you guys almost never have anything NEW to say, other than ranting about how terrible the show is (but you watch anyway) and how you look forward to it getting cancelled. It's kinda tiresome seeing Jason continually post "enjoy suckers" and Rex counting down the days. It's actually a little insulting to those few of us that actually enjoy the show. I guess that's my main issue. (And really, it's a minor one. I would never ask anyone at HTF to NOT voice their opinion. But I will speak mine. :D )

Like I said, no offense intended to any of you guys...I guess I just wanted to point out the view from the other side of the fence. :)

We now return you to your regular B&B-Bashing. :)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Tony Whalen wrote (post #13):

I do not "loathe" the show, or I would not watch it. I do loathe what the producers have brought "the franchise" to, on both the small and the big screen,---so many resources expended on so little creativity!---as well as the insult to the taste and intelligence of what has always been considered its "above-average" fanbase. I make no apologies for saying so at any relevant moment. Discussion in an open forum is just that: "open". There is no right to hear only what one wants to hear and see or read only what wants to see or read. Period. Get over it!

(P.S.: There's nothing that I know of preventing any member from starting his own "Enterprise-appreciation"-thread, if he so chooses. I will gladly stay along the sidelines and watch how that one accumulates its myriad accolades.)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

You missed my point Rex. (So I'll decline your invitation to "get over it" :D )

It's not about not wanting to hear negative opinions. Hell, I'm the LAST person that would encourage that. I don't want a discussion-thread that is all crystal-light-and-happiness- look-how-much-Enterprise-enchances-my-life. I want good discussion as much as anyone.

However, as I said before, bashing the show before it even airs doesn't exactly engender "good discussion." Nor does "enjoy suckers" or other comments of that ilk.

I appreciate your starting the threads every week. I appreciate your hard-sci-fi viewpoints on Trek and other stuff, even if I don't agree a ton of the time.

Hell, I even agree that ENT is "determinedly mediocre", and could be much more adventurous. (However, from the interviews with Ron Moore, apparently Berman will ALWAYS "play it safe" with the ST universe.)

What I don't agree with is pre-judging stuff before it's even seen. What I don't agree with are the implied insults directed towards folks that DO enjoy the show. (I know it isn't intended as such...but that is how they come off.)

Guys, this really is NOT a big deal. I don't want this to turn into a flame-war or anything. Bob and I were merely stating that it's not the most positive experience when EVERY WEEKLY Enterprise thread starts with bashing ... days before the show even airs.

Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee today? :)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron

That's because the show does plenty of crashing all on its own. :D

It is sad though. Both Voyager and Enterprise started out with well assembled ensemble casts and basic premises. Granted, some of us may loathe a cast member or two, but overall the choices have been reasonable. It's when the BADLY WRITTEN STORIES are played out that each series crashes and burns.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I will say this though, Enterprise Season 3 has been, on the whole, better then 90% of what Voyager had to offer.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
it seems that people in canada got a early feed of the finale. They all say the episode is great, and then the ending has a very bizarre turn to say the least.

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks