Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Best etailer for shipping/receiving preorders before street dates?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   John W L

John W L

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted May 24 2004 - 12:25 PM

What's a good online retailer for getting preorders shipped for earliest possible delivery? Ken Crane/DVD Planet and DVD Express (and more, I understand from other threads here) used to ship for likely delivery on street date, with shipments arriving before, on, or after. Since I gave them up, I've preordered with both Amazon and Deep Discount DVD but have gotten titles long past street dates -- with free shipping, that is. Does anyone besides Amazon delay your shipping date if you choose free shipping? Amazon has scheduled some recent orders for (free) shipping as much as 10 days after I've placed the orders. Any recommendations? Of course (except for 1- or 2-day guaranteed mail), one consideration would be the distance from the warehouse to the customer's address. Thanks! EDITED in response to Jeff_HR's post below.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted May 25 2004 - 06:56 AM

Discussing retailers who break street dates is considered a no-no here John, just FYI. Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   John W L

John W L

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted May 25 2004 - 07:35 PM

I knew it was, regarding retailers (who display the item in stores), but e-tailers (online retailers)? Sorry if I wasn't clear. Is it considered breaking street date for e-tailers to ship before then? Question wasn't so much about breaking street date as finding an e-tailer whose deliveries won't be long after street date, as the few I've used free shipping on turned out to be.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 01:37 AM

As rephrased, the question is fine. M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   BrianP

BrianP

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted May 31 2004 - 04:21 AM

Have you tried DVDEmpire? They always ship preorders the Friday before the Tuesday release date. If you use priority mail they should arrive on time. They also offer monthly and weekly coupons which can help save you a few dollars on purchases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users