What's new

McDvd? McDonalds dvd rentals (1 Viewer)

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
I can't my mickey Dees is too far for my too slow electric scooter at 4.5MPH to go there, rent it then have to go back at 4.5 Miles Per hour; this is now summer weather. I would be a prime example of a tan colored hot potato if I made the trek.:D

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Looks like these will be in my area. I wouldn't mind some $1 rentals as I despise Blockbuster. I'll check it out.

Of course I won't be there to buy the food. :D

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe they are serious about this! The McDonald's employees in my town can hardly get my simple orders correct. How will they be able to handle the business of DVD rental?

Rolando

Screenwriter
far as I can tell from the article, looks like the rentals will be from a machine located inside McDonalds. the lady who takes your order will not be the one checking to make sure you have the right DVD in the box.

I just wonder how returns work. And can I get my DVD in 30 seconds or my next rental is free?

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
In my town we have these booths everywhere. The first one I did see was at McDonalds, then followed by Giant and Safeway. You don't have to go to anybody to get the movies. There is a touchscreen and pretty decent sized selection of movies to pick from. The one at McDonalds is outside of the store so the place can be closed if you are doing some late night drinking and want a movie.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Interesting idea. I hope this takes off nationally, as I hate paying 3.00 for one day rentals! If they don't offer widescreen though, I don't see it taking off.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
What's to stop people from ripping these off? I can see a lot of cases returned with AOL CDs inside.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

I believe you have to have a credit card to rent a movie. If you return an AOL disc then they charge the movie to your credit card.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

A Hundred to one on that, I'm guessing. If so just another entitiy that does not understand film circulating more Pan and Scan garbage.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Who will clean off the grease stains from the discs after the STAFF have handled them? There's gonna be a lot of gummed up players out there! :)

So now, not only will the food make you fat, but the DVD will also ensure you don't get any exercise, making you even fatter!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks