Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting findings on Sony 36" WEGA TV (KV-HR36M61)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   ChongLM

ChongLM

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 23 2004 - 05:22 PM

It appears that the above mentioned TV set is able to support native 720p mode (barely).

I managed to connect my PC to the TV via the ATI HDTV connector and played with all the various modes available.

There is no comparison displaying my desktop in 720p mode compared to 1080i mode, since the latter is noticeably flickering and the text is too small to view clearly, although the resolution is much higher.

However, to achieve a full display of any 720p source, you'll need to go into the service menu and do some adjustments. This is because I'm making use of the additional scanlines which would normally be hidden from view.

With ALL the scanlines utilized, I'm able to get a full screen display with slight distortions at the extreme corners.

Do note that doing so would also reduce the display image size of all other sources (e.g. TV broadcast, DVD signal) on your TV since the adjustment is applicable to the TV in general and not specific to any signal or display modes (you'll see black borders on top & bottom and/or left & right).