What's new

Alias: The Season Finale - 5/23/04 - Resurrection (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
People are mad about the 7 month wait for the resolution to what I'm sure will be a jaw-dropping cliffhanger. I don't have a problem with it:

1) It will give the writers more time to regroup and give us a non-confusing and compelling 4th season. This year has been a hit and miss chaotic mess and maybe with the extra time they can see through the fog a little more clearly
2) New writers Jeff Bell and Drew Goddard from the Buffyverse (Did I get that right guys?) shows have more time to settle in
3) No pointless pre-emptions. I can live with no Alias on Super Bowl Sunday or the Oscars or Grammys but no more.
4) JJ, with his two new shows coming on ABC, will be quite the busy fellow. Maybe this break will give him some time to be more involved than he would be if the break didn't happen
5) 20 episode season means no filler episodes (Blowback etc.) meaning a much tighter season.

Anyway, I hope they blow us away once more tonight. Apparently there's going to be a shocking revelation (Devil in the details). And apparently

Lauren will be the one to deliever that shocking revelation to Sydney

Here's a thought that would just floor me and compell me to scream "YEAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!"; What if Sydney is the head of the Covenant? I heard they're going to bring back the missing 2 years plot line tonight so maybe we can get a more concrete answer on what actually happened. Does anyone suspect that maybe our buddy Kendall either lied or withheld certain things from Sydney?

Well, it's been a good season and I have a really good vibe coming from next season that it will be known as the revival of Alias. Props to the entire cast and crew of Alias and thanks for the season.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
ABC was a big problem this year. In order to try to boost ratings, they had JJ do several changes, and I have a feeling they were the ones responsible for dumbing down the storyline each week.

JJ apparently got a little tired of the show at that point... working on other projects to get his creative juices flowing. Hopefully ABC will back off and let him do best... for every 2 fans they're gaining with this new strategy of self contained episodes, and poor storylines... they're losing 5 that liked the original concept.

Since each year is kind of a reboot for the show, I'm sure they can pull something really amazing out of it and give us a great year 4.

If I'm not mistaken, a similar thing happened to FELICITY. The first year had a lot of stuff going on that was interesting, and then the show kind of fizzled out to a much more average state in the 2nd year... I haven't seen the 3rd and 4th, but I recall JJ mentioning that a cool idea for the 3rd year would be to make Felicity a CIA agent, "cause then she could be going on missions and we'd have a lot more stories..." the joke kind of gave him the idea for ALIAS. Considering there's never a dead end when it comes to storylines for this show... I think all they need to do is get back the plausibility and spend some more time hammering how HOW they're going to tell it. If it takes 7-8 months... I don't care.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I will not be able to see the Alias finale because of these worthless weather warnings running and interupting the ABC programming!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm loving badass Vaughn this episode. It's taking on a Buffy/Angel vibe in some respects in terms of the camera work and the quips.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me, or has Alias turned into Mission Impossible?

Jack's acting very squirrelly this episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How the hell can Vaughn around like that after sustaining a punctured lung?

Mia Maetro (Nadia) cleans up well. Mighty hottie.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ugh...not all that crazy about the ending. Perhaps Sydney is part of the Supa-Soldier program from the X-Files.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Okay..........

I'm mad.

So you just show us what was eventually going to happen and then you show us something new but not really.

- Katya is really bad
- Sydney found something that Jack didn't want her to

That's it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did enjoy Vaughn pumping round after round into Lauren. That's true love gone bad.

And Sydney looks ridiculously hot with the dark red hair and the glasses.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
There might be some drizzle outside by now, but it doesn't really matter because WISN, a Hearst Argyle station, didn't show a damn second of the finale to bring us warnings and watches of BS.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now I get to wait and hope someone posts the episode on a newsgroup.

Sorry, for interupting the discussion but I really am fed up with the past four weeks of weather warnings running day and night for little bits of rain. Enough of the hype!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sydney's existence came from a "project" that was headed by Jack. For all we know Sydney's parents aren't really Jack and Irina.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
You've got to be f'ing kidding me! :angry: As Bart once said that managed to both "suck and blow."

This season hasn't bothered me at all in the way it has annoyed the heck out of others, but tonight was unbelievably bad. It'd be really great if they could wrap up just one plot thread before they introduce a half-dozen more!!! Nadia and Sloane go off to find Rambaldi's soul, Marshall gets done in (perhaps permanently), Secret Jack doings, What really happened to Irina, etc..

Why the hell are they bringing back Project: Christmas? (although on the plus side, we did find out that Syd's middle initial stands for Anne) By bringing it back I'm assuming Jack did a lot more to Syd, Allison and the others than he has admitted to (or perhaps it's just Syd)? Could this be why Syd and Allison both could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'?

Ugh!! And to think this is the reshoot, one can only imagine what the original ending was like (maybe it'll show up on the DVD?). It's gonna be a long wait.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Like Joseph, I'm in the viewing area for WISN (Milwaukee) and all they played was weather coverage. Thank God for DirecTV and the fact that I get east/west coast feeds. However, I missed 15 minutes due to rain fade on the satellite. :frowning:

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

Wait a sec. The documents were about how Sydney was created? I thought it was about Jack ordering the experiment on Sydney, the 2 year experiment.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The paperwork implied, to me, that Sydney might have been "requisitioned" for this project that develops agents from birth, and then subjected to training, etc. It's an even earlier "Project Christmas" so to speak. Jack was project manager for this project, and Sydney might have just been one of an few who were born from the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks