1) It will give the writers more time to regroup and give us a non-confusing and compelling 4th season. This year has been a hit and miss chaotic mess and maybe with the extra time they can see through the fog a little more clearly
2) New writers Jeff Bell and Drew Goddard from the Buffyverse (Did I get that right guys?) shows have more time to settle in
3) No pointless pre-emptions. I can live with no Alias on Super Bowl Sunday or the Oscars or Grammys but no more.
4) JJ, with his two new shows coming on ABC, will be quite the busy fellow. Maybe this break will give him some time to be more involved than he would be if the break didn't happen
5) 20 episode season means no filler episodes (Blowback etc.) meaning a much tighter season.
Anyway, I hope they blow us away once more tonight. Apparently there's going to be a shocking revelation (Devil in the details). And apparently
Here's a thought that would just floor me and compell me to scream "YEAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!"; What if Sydney is the head of the Covenant? I heard they're going to bring back the missing 2 years plot line tonight so maybe we can get a more concrete answer on what actually happened. Does anyone suspect that maybe our buddy Kendall either lied or withheld certain things from Sydney?
Well, it's been a good season and I have a really good vibe coming from next season that it will be known as the revival of Alias. Props to the entire cast and crew of Alias and thanks for the season.