Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I am so excited

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   JohnWM

JohnWM

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted May 22 2004 - 01:15 PM

I have been reading this forum for about 6 months now and have never posted before. First let me say that I want to thank everyone upfront for a quality forum with great really helpful information. I guess you could say I am a recycled audio junkie. I am sure I will date my self but I used to be so into this stuff that I still have an original advent outboard dolby unit. This was sold for reel to reels before dolby became standard and included in everything. I still own a pair of Large Advents and Polk 10's that are older than most of you. I just threw away my first cd player. I laughed when I realized it was a Yamaha CD-1. It was mfg in August of 1985. I remember there were probably 5 CD's available at that time. Well for the past 15 yrs life and family got in the way of my addiction. This past Christmas, I started to delve into HT. I know this is long and I apologize. The reason I could not wait anymore is that after much reading from this and other forums, I purchased an SVS 25-31pc+ this past week. I have driven Ron crazy over the past several months with what I am sure are the same questions he gets from most. It is my understanding it should ship on Monday and I should get mid week next week. I have to echo all the positive posts about this company. No question too small and the feedback has been great. I have auditioned a 20-39csi locally and was way impressed. It appears many svs owners are similar to the company because this guy, I had never met before, opened his house to me and let me listen and play as long as I wanted. Anyway, I will post my reactions when it arrives and I have set it up. Not to say I was preparing, but bought the radio shack sound meter back in January, just in case. Thanks again to all of you with your great information. I learn everyday!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted May 23 2004 - 05:57 AM

Welcome aboard, John. Lurk no more and post frequently!

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   MarkWC

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator

• 159 posts

Posted May 23 2004 - 06:46 AM

Congrats with your purchase, let the floodgates open!!
Panny 58" Plasma, AVM30, PVA7, Rockets 850, 200, 300, SVS PB10, Denon 2200, Explorer 8300 HD DVR, Xbox 360, MX700, Audioquest Wires - Love it!

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   MikeLi

MikeLi

Supporting Actor

• 945 posts

Posted May 23 2004 - 08:47 AM

Once you have an SVS you'll never go back except maybe to get a bigger one someday from them.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted May 23 2004 - 09:22 AM

What a kind-thoughtful post John. I hope you post more in the future and the 25-31+ is one nice ride.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Tim Ranger

Tim Ranger

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted May 24 2004 - 12:54 AM

Congrats on your re entry into this hobby of ours. Enjoy yourself!

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Dwayne-S

Dwayne-S

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted May 24 2004 - 03:48 AM

Welcome John. I too am a newby to the SVS revolution. I received my PB2+ in less than a week. I am totally blown away with the depth and output. Movies are now an interactive experience and I have turned my family in bass junkies - selecting movies based on potential bass output and special effects. Like you, I read the posts, exchanged e-mail, and was both intrigued and a little skeptical. After listening, my skepticism is completely gone. You wont be disappointed.
- Dwayne

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted May 24 2004 - 04:03 AM

Don't forget your set-up disk! Posted Image
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   JohnWM

JohnWM

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted May 24 2004 - 05:39 AM

Garrett I am assuming you mean the DVE or Avia disk? Or does it come with a USB port and firmware!!!! LOL I actually have both and just waiting to hear that tone!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users