Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A DVD for...parrots? From (who else?) the British.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Haggai

Haggai

Producer

• 3,883 posts

Posted May 21 2004 - 02:35 AM

I'm sure we can cue up the Monty Python references after seeing this story:

Quote:
A British company on Friday introduced "Pollyvision," an 80-minute DVD of wild parrots preening, feeding and flying through the rainforest that it hopes will entertain caged parrots and budgies while their owners are out at work.

The World Parrot Trust, based in Hayle, southwest England, said it believes the work is the first to be aimed at an avian audience.

It has been launched as part of celebrations for World Parrot Day on May 31.

So that's why I find myself pining for the fjords every May 31st... Posted Image

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted May 21 2004 - 04:17 AM

We Brits are a nation of animal lovers, so what's surprising about this? Posted Image

We had the world's first catfood adverts specifically targetted at cats a few years ago (honestly!).

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted May 21 2004 - 04:43 AM

I used to own a conure that would go nuts with excitement when he heard the shower running.

There's no telling what he would do if a DVD like this was playing.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   StephenA

StephenA

Screenwriter

• 1,514 posts

Posted May 21 2004 - 05:57 AM

Sounds neat. Parrots love seeing and/or being around other parrots, even if they are of a different species. Shoulda seen how my cockatoo, African grey, and Amazon used to be together. It was a riot, especially when they all got excited and started singing(squawking) together. Sadly my family had to get rid of the cockatoo and African grey due to them being jealous of my sister and attacking her. We had them before she came along, and since they are alot like kids themselves, they were jealous. My Amazon didn't care and was more standoffish, and we still have him to this day.

And why do people refer to budgies seperately from parrots? They are a species of parrot themselves.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 17,069 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted May 21 2004 - 07:00 AM

(Parrot sketch not included!)*

Sam

*include parrot sketch!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt