What's new

ABC-HD and ESPN-HD on io digital cable? (1 Viewer)

Joe*C

Grip
I live in northern NJ, and I'm planning to buy a new HDTV by the end of the summer, just in time for football season. Unfortunately, my digital cable service (io digital cable - Cablevision) does not currently carry ABC-HD or ESPN-HD. Does anyone happen to know if they will be carried soon by io? At least I'll be getting the Fox games in HD. I guess worse case scenario I'll be going the antenna route for Monday Night Football.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
CBS is carried in HDTV for Afc games, and you get MSG and FSNY home games which look nice. But no ABC/ESPN as of yet and no word.

You get these :
700: High Def on Demand
701: INHD
702: CBS
704: NBC
705: Fox
713: PBS/13
720: MSG
725: FSNy
740: Starz
745: Bravo
750: HBO
Cinemax
TMC

Cablevision is a frustrating company, but for HDTV, they have not additional charge for the box and the content is decent. I think the ABC/WB11/ESPN/TNT channells will be a long time coming unfurtunately as cablevision is still trying to steer hdtv folks to there Voom service for more HDTV content.

That being said, what they have is pretty decent to start off with.

Joe*C

Grip
Thanks for the info Michael.

Any idea how many AFC games will be in HD on CBS? I thought there was only one a week last year. I hope they increase that number for this year.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
CBS has been a leader in HDTV content for the nets, I would not be surprised to see more than 1 per week, in fact towards the end of last season, we saw there #1 and #2 teams both being covered in HDTV. Plus they are handling a lot of Golf in HDTV right now, so theres a decent chance it could be the norm for the AFC package, but nothing official that I heard like on Fox.

It stinks not to possibly have MNF and SNF, but there is decent sports content. I would hope for the best that cablevision will strike a deal by September for ESPN/ABC HD.

Cross your fingers like the rest of us IO HDTV customers.

Good luck

Galen_V

Second Unit
I e-mailed Cablevision about this very thing about a month ago. Their reply, though very brief, basically said they are looking to expand the HD offering in the coming months. Hopefully this means before the start of the college and pro football seasons, but after the whole YES fiasco, you would have to consider this the extreme best case scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks