What's new

Any news on Grease S.E? (1 Viewer)

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Don't you have the DVD "Grease" that was released in 2003 in W/S or FF with a limited edition song book. I have 2 new yet for trading. I thought the next installment would be HD-DVD, along with "Grease 2" that was also released in 2003 with Maxwell Caufield and a very young Michelle Pfeifer. I watch both of them every so often, what were you looking forward to if I may ask?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
A more comprehensive SE with commentary and more features that was hinted at by Paramount.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Perhaps new material which wasn't recycled from the VHS re-released version would be nice. Perhaps a commentary track, TV spots, a pristine new transfer (unlike the one carried over from the laserdisc release). Perhaps a jukebox feature for the film's songs, a history of the original play, etc. You have to admit, the existing release is pretty minimal, considering the popularity of the film. I think a special edition containing some or all of the above would definitely do it justice.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I think it was Randall Kleiser who was interviewed and was quoted as saying that they had a Special Edition in the works before the one from a couple of years ago came out so, where is it?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
With all of Paramounts new releases, and re-releases this year, I am guessing Grease: SE is for 2005.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I would guess it's coming eventually, as well. I was rather surprised to see Paramount announce a Footloose SE for later this year. Now, a Flashdance redux with a Jennifer Beals commentary would be nice!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I put my initial copy up for sale on Ebay after hearing about a proposed SE release so I'd really like to see this happen in the next year...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Still hoping for this. Anyone heard anything. With Footloose just released I am thinking maybe in 2005??

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Hopefully we'll get DTS. I find the DD mix to be very tinny. Then again, that could be the fault of the 5.1 mix created for the theatrical re-release. Think I saw it in DTS though and it sounded a lot better. And the transfer is pretty yucky. The first release was held up so long, and it looked like we got a transfer that was made early in DVD's lifetime. Edge Enhanced and not so sure about the colors either.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
That is indeed good news. I knew I'd held out on buying last year's edition for a reason and I'm glad it wasn't just a false reason.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I can't give you a hint as it was only hinted
during our visit to Paramount in September.

I figure a late 2005 release, and if they use the
same company that remastered the audio for the new
Footloose DVD, this should be a stellar-sounding
release. Of course, the image quality is in need of
much improvement and I hope Paramount recognizes this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks