Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

slow forum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   David.G

David.G

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 10:31 AM

man this is a real slow forum, i'm suprised most of you home audio guys could stand having a subpar system in your car when you have a good one in your house. We need more posters. I feel like a loser that my name is the last to reply on every thread except 2. Just goes to show how much time i have at work Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
David is the car audio guy, Jason is the home audio so if you see a post in car audio thats David, if in Home thats more than likely Jason. Confusing isn't it!!! Also i hope i am allowed to put my sounddomain down on my equipment page. Its car audio but you guys might enjoy it.

http://members.sou...

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Steve Lumbert

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 04:59 PM

Not true, I used to compete IASCA SQ years ago and take my car audio pretty seriously. I just visit forums dedicated to car audio when I have to rather than use this one.

I agree that the posts in this particular forum lead you to believe home theater enthusiasts aren't into car audio.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   David.G

David.G

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted May 20 2004 - 12:24 PM

yeah i also have alot of time at work, i work in a call center and right now i'm on the closing shift, 12-9 so after 5 pm there's not as many calls. I usually look at about 5 different forums. maybe i'll need to sign up for more..Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image So do you still know your car audio pretty well. I'm looking into a little bit more punchy midbass to bass to handle my music( no its not rap, but Metallica and most alternative, rock, whatever you call them bands) has more mids and midbass. Should i get another sub and cross them over at a higher frequency, 100hz or 120hz, or get an active crossover and add another 6in subwoofer( play very good midbass) and have it crossed at 80hz for the larger 12in sub and then 120-200hz for the 2 6in subs? My SQ is still intact, i have tweets in the sails and then adding tweets high on the C pillar of my sedan( 99 galant)so highs are well taken care of.
David is the car audio guy, Jason is the home audio so if you see a post in car audio thats David, if in Home thats more than likely Jason. Confusing isn't it!!! Also i hope i am allowed to put my sounddomain down on my equipment page. Its car audio but you guys might enjoy it.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted May 20 2004 - 01:35 PM

I actually put much more time & money into my car system and I like how it sounds so I'm good for a while Posted Image

I also visit other more focused sites rather than this one when it comes to car audio. Lots of helpers, not many that need help...

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Milne

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted May 26 2004 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
i'm suprised most of you home audio guys could stand having a subpar system in your car when you have a good one in your house.
Alas, my young friend, the problem is time. I, too, love car audio. My Mustang GT had a Kenwood PS600 head unit, four HiFonics amps, 4 12" Becker woofers in two custom isobaric cabinets, an array of woofs, mids, and tweets including vifa, MB, and JBL titanium. I designed and built custom active and passive filter networks to integrate and equalize it all, custom switch-mode power supplies for the custom electronics, and custom MOSFET switch modules and 2 ga wiring for power distribution. Very serious SQ, although I never competed it.

When I sold the car a few years ago, I took out all of the equipment...which is still sitting in my "electronic equipment" closet. I now have a Lincoln Aviator, a Volvo Turbo sedan, and a Ford F150 --all with stock audio systems --because I don't have time to mess with them! Posted Image

Just wait until you have a wife and kids, soccer practice, chess club, a house and yard to maintain, investments to manage, etc. You, too, will find that one or two hobbies is all you can handle. Right now, mine are home theater and mountain bike racing. Maybe next year car audio will move back into the top two...

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   David.G

David.G

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted June 01 2004 - 07:09 PM

yeah know how you feel. i just sold an amp, headunit, subwoofer, making a box for the guy. All that stuff i sold him was sitting in my "electrical room" along with my Viper amp, Hifonics amp, CDT CL-4, Viper component set, and lots of carpet, resin, and MDF all waiting to be put into the car. I'll go deaf when i get all this stuff in.