Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dennis Farina to replace Orbach on Law & Order...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,842 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 04:14 AM

I am sure it was mentioned elsewhere. But, the Post says that Dennis Farina will be replacing Jerry Orbach on Law & Order. I like the choice.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 16 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 04:39 AM

I like it as well. I'm very curious, as Farina tends to have a bigger personality than I associate with Law & Order characters not played by Vincent D'onofrio.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#3 of 16 Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,063 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted May 18 2004 - 07:01 AM

Quote:
I like it as well. I'm very curious, as Farina tends to have a bigger personality than I associate with Law & Order characters not played by Vincent D'onofrio.
...or Richard Belzer.
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#4 of 16 Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 10:34 AM

Of all the actors they could have chosen, I think Farina is a good choice. I would have liked to have seen take a more adventurous path, like making Ed Green the senior detective to a less experienced detective, but I'll take what they're giving us.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#5 of 16 Kevin L K

Kevin L K

Second Unit

• 273 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 03:34 PM

Good God--I can't STAND Farina Posted Image --he has got to be the most stereotypical actor of a cop there is. Complete with his "Chicago cop" accent--no disrespect to anyone from the midwest. Give me a break--he's a total loud mouth. They need to bring back the guy that played Mr.Big on Sex in the City--I can't remember his name but he was one of the originals on the show--Christopher Noth was his name I think.

#6 of 16 JamieD

JamieD

Supporting Actor

• 557 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 11:21 PM

Avi! Posted Image
My Small (But Prized) DVD Collection!

"Actually, I am in really bad shape financially."

#7 of 16 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 20 2004 - 12:02 AM

Quote:
--he has got to be the most stereotypical actor of a cop there is. Complete with his "Chicago cop" accent
That may have to do with him having been a Chicago cop. Posted Image
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

#8 of 16 Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted May 20 2004 - 03:58 AM

At least they gave Briscoe a nice quiet send off. Nothing fancy or maudlin. A good L&O overall.

#9 of 16 David Egan

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted May 20 2004 - 12:43 PM

Nice sendoff for Lenny and I think Farina will fit in well but judging by the way they lifted Strangers on a Train (even if they did acknowledge it) it seems the writers are completely out of stories.

#10 of 16 Kevin L K

Kevin L K

Second Unit

• 273 posts

Posted May 20 2004 - 01:25 PM

Jason--you're right--I forgot that he WAS a cop in Chicago in real life-plus he was actually a school teacher I think as well Posted Image Maybe he ISN"T acting--he's just being himself.

#11 of 16 Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted May 21 2004 - 08:32 AM

Quote:
judging by the way they lifted Strangers on a Train

At least it wasn't "ripped from the headlines". Was it?

#12 of 16 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 21 2004 - 08:37 AM

Quote:
At least they gave Briscoe a nice quiet send off. Nothing fancy or maudlin.
It's kind of refreshing, isn't it? So many shows would find out Orbach was intending to leave, and they would do this season-long storyline about him that explained why, and that'd be OK, but this did all it needed to.

#13 of 16 Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted May 21 2004 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
It's kind of refreshing, isn't it?

That's why, despite some staleness, L&O is a class act.

On a related note, does anyone know the explaination for why Adam Schiff is not the DA? Did the he lose re-election, retire, resign, no reason? Just curious.

#14 of 16 JamieD

JamieD

Supporting Actor

• 557 posts

Posted May 22 2004 - 12:20 AM

Retired, I believe.. I think McCoy makes a quick reference to him being "good" in Florida, or something..
My Small (But Prized) DVD Collection!

"Actually, I am in really bad shape financially."

#15 of 16 Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted May 22 2004 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
On a related note, does anyone know the explaination for why Adam Schiff is not the DA?

At least Steven Hill lasted longer than he did on Mission Impossible.

#16 of 16 Mike Graham

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted May 22 2004 - 05:49 PM

Retired. The first episode after he left McCoy noted that he was now representing Holocaust survivors to assist in attaining their reparations.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow