What's new

Dennis Farina to replace Orbach on Law & Order... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am sure it was mentioned elsewhere. But, the Post says that Dennis Farina will be replacing Jerry Orbach on Law & Order. I like the choice.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I like it as well. I'm very curious, as Farina tends to have a bigger personality than I associate with Law & Order characters not played by Vincent D'onofrio.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Of all the actors they could have chosen, I think Farina is a good choice. I would have liked to have seen take a more adventurous path, like making Ed Green the senior detective to a less experienced detective, but I'll take what they're giving us.

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Good God--I can't STAND Farina :thumbsdown: --he has got to be the most stereotypical actor of a cop there is. Complete with his "Chicago cop" accent--no disrespect to anyone from the midwest. Give me a break--he's a total loud mouth. They need to bring back the guy that played Mr.Big on Sex in the City--I can't remember his name but he was one of the originals on the show--Christopher Noth was his name I think.

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator
Nice sendoff for Lenny and I think Farina will fit in well but judging by the way they lifted Strangers on a Train (even if they did acknowledge it) it seems the writers are completely out of stories.

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Jason--you're right--I forgot that he WAS a cop in Chicago in real life-plus he was actually a school teacher I think as well :) Maybe he ISN"T acting--he's just being himself.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's kind of refreshing, isn't it? So many shows would find out Orbach was intending to leave, and they would do this season-long storyline about him that explained why, and that'd be OK, but this did all it needed to.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

That's why, despite some staleness, L&O is a class act.

On a related note, does anyone know the explaination for why Adam Schiff is not the DA? Did the he lose re-election, retire, resign, no reason? Just curious.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Retired, I believe.. I think McCoy makes a quick reference to him being "good" in Florida, or something..

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Retired. The first episode after he left McCoy noted that he was now representing Holocaust survivors to assist in attaining their reparations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks