-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Finally some pics!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Shane-M

Shane-M

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 03:36 AM

5 months into this project....getting there. Still have the drop ceiling and flooring to install. Details of the project will soon be found on my website, http://www.soundrepr...n.com/basement. Projector is the Panasonic PTL-300U and the screen is a Dalite Model B enclosed in a DIY frame. The frame was designed to support the automated drape masking system soon to be installed.

Thanks for looking.

PIC:

www.soundreproduction.com/pics/theater.jpg

Additional pics can be found at: http://www.soundrepr...on.com/basement

Regards,
Shane

#2 of 10 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,078 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted May 18 2004 - 09:23 AM

Shane:

I like it! Will the background that the screen is mounted to stay the background color of the wall or are you going to paint it black? Have you thought about painting the housing for the screen black too?

I went ahead and made your links clickable too.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#3 of 10 Mike SJ

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor

• 718 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 10:19 AM

#4 of 10 Shane Morales

Shane Morales

Second Unit

• 428 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 01:56 PM

Shane,

Pretty cool. Love the lawn chair! I'm wondering also if you're going to paint the screen housing or build a little curtainy thing for it? What speakers are those?
:::Shane
:::nineshadoweyes.com

#5 of 10 Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,338 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 04:15 PM

I took a look at that screen. You mention you are going to do some future masking so I imagine the space between the screen and the frame will be filled in with the drape masking system. Are you using a fixed height system, fixed width system or will you be adjusting the mask at the sides as well as the top and bottom?
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#6 of 10 kristopher p

kristopher p

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted May 18 2004 - 05:20 PM

Thats a nice home theater and only getting better im sure with the ceiling done and all. I like the lawn chairs, its ok i know the feeling cause i used to have them before i got my leather lazyboy couch and boy were the lawn chairs worth it. Thats a nice screen and projector, how big of a picture are you projecting and how big is the actual screen itself?

#7 of 10 Shane-M

Shane-M

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 01:56 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. The wall color seen between the screen and the frame will not be visible due to the drape masking system soon to be installed. I am going to install under the cabinet halogen lights on the inside of the left and right side of the frame to illuminate the screen for effect only. This is the plan:

Using the Sony RM-3000 remote, pressing one button will perform the following tasks:

1. Turn on projector and all audio/video equipment in rack
2. IR signal sent to X-10 control module
3. Control module will send signal to X-10 appliance module which will apply power to drape control.
4. Drapes will open.
5. Accent halogen lights will turn on for illuminate the screen (for WOW factor only...will be turned off when viewing video).

The drape masking system will consist of motorized vertical drapes and two stationary horizontal drapes, one above and below the projection area. The frame in the picture is designed to support the masking system.

The current speakers are Mirage OM-10 Fronts, OMC3 Center and the rears are OMR2's not yet mounted on the wall. The subwoofer is the Mirage BPS-150. Amplification will be an array of Proceed amplifiers driven by a Denon 3300 receiver acting as a preamp(temporary). The audio system will be equalized using a RANE THX 44 and THX 22. The DVD player is the Denon 5900....So much to do still. Theater seating will consist of home theater style recliners in the front row and an elevated row behind with fold up theater seats.

Thanks for your interest! I've converted from a 2-channel (see pics of my 2-channel system at w ww.soundreproduction.com/page8/smattson.html) audiophile to a fanatic videophile!

#8 of 10 Shane-M

Shane-M

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 02:51 AM

Parker:

Great idea painting the screen housing black...I will certainly do that to prevent light reflection from the housing...thanks!

-Shane

#9 of 10 BrianKR

BrianKR

Second Unit

• 498 posts

Posted May 19 2004 - 09:51 AM

That is a "AWESOME" room Shane!Posted Image
I cant wait to see it when you're finished.

#10 of 10 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,078 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted May 19 2004 - 12:19 PM

Shane:

Great! I would also look at painting the bottom rail of the screen black too.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."