Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Phantom Tollbooth-Any idea where it is?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 of 28 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted February 06 2006 - 01:20 AM

I noticed that there's a WB chat coming up, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. If not, can someone please ask about this title? I'm pretty sure that it comes under the "theatrical" banner as opposed to the "classical animation" one.
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#22 of 28 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted January 18 2007 - 12:04 AM

Another year later, and still no news on this movie? Surely there have to be enough Chuck Jones fans out there to warrant a DVD...

#23 of 28 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,901 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted January 18 2007 - 12:20 AM

I'm happy to have PT on VHS. A wonderful, dreamy little film. I find it complements The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T for me for some reason. We have Dr. T on DVD...but still no PT. I suspect Wyle E. Coyote or The Grinch is behind this travesty! Posted Image
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#24 of 28 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 11:49 PM

This movie came up again over the weekend, and of course it still hasn't appeared on DVD. Looking back over this thread, it looks like the 2004 release never happened, and now we're close to 2008 and still no news. Has WHV said anything more about this title?

#25 of 28 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,550 posts

Posted December 27 2007 - 12:36 AM

Chris,

I know that based on an earlier chat with WB, the studio did
acknowledge that this title was in production.

I also know that many times projects they promise often get
put on the back burner for a number of reasons.

I suspect that this title is still on a future release schedule.
The mere fact that it was put into production means that it 's
not a matter of IF but WHEN.

I'm certain we'll be chatting with Warner Brothers again soon,
and we'll try to pose a question to them on this release.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#26 of 28 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,075 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted December 28 2007 - 05:15 AM

As an animation nut and a fan of Chuck Jones, this has been on my "list of movies to see when it comes out on DVD", as I could never bring myself to rent or borrow one of those horribly worn-out VHS copies. A release in the new year would be nice.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#27 of 28 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,603 posts

Posted March 20 2009 - 10:32 AM

The movie will be on TCM next week. Is this a good sign?

Chuck Jones

#28 of 28 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 824 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted March 20 2009 - 02:25 PM

Next week TCM is having a night Chuck Jones's masterpieces, and The Phantom Tollbooth is being shown since it was his only feature length film. In June WB is releasing his 34 Tom and Jerry shorts from 63-67. This being 2009, The Phantom Tollbooth is 39 years old and probably before the year is up WB or MGM will release this as either a "Deluxe Edition" or "40th Anniversary" of this wonderful animated film.