What's new

Smallville S3 finale "Covenant" 5/19/2004 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Thought I'd get it started.

maybe talk about speculation or what WILL happen.
and whats to come in the start of season 4.

and to those who don't know.

Cov"e*nant (k?v"?-nant), n. [OF. covenant, fr. F. & OF. convenir to agree, L. convenire. See Convene.] 1. A mutual agreement of two or more persons or parties, or one of the stipulations in such an agreement.

So, it looks like Clark and Supergirl(Grace/Kara) are going to be making some type of deal

(admin note - spoilers added, let's try not to ruin the episode for those who want to experience the episode without spoilers.)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
or both Adam:)

i'm so psyched for this episode.

I'm also wondering if they are going to change the opening credits, now that Pete is gone for good(now)
or will they wait till season 4 to change the opening credits.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
If Pete's in the opening credits, they have to pay him, regardless of whether he's in the show or not. From my understanding. That's why Stockard Channing only appears in the credits for the episodes of The West Wing she appears in.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I read the spoiler and saw a mention of Supergirl. I haven't watched this series very faithfully and apparently missed that storyline. Can someone fill me in? Kara... Grace?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Gary,

HEAVY SPOILER FILLED, may contain stuff, you might not want to know untill AFTER you see it.

Grace/Kara, is supposidley a girl claiming to be from Krypton. Grace is her Earth name, and Kara is her Krypton name.
She has come to take Clark home.
And she and clark are evidently going to make a pact and open a door/portal in the cave walls.
and according to kryptonsite.com Kara/Grace is NOT Lionel Luthor's creation
Fans and kryptonsite.com are refuring to her as "Supergirl"

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I see... Thanks John. I thought it was a previous storyline that was being continued in the finale. The spoiler did not ruin it for me... rather has me more curious than I was before.

Evan M

Second Unit
Am I the only one who reads every spoiler he sees?

I think to myself that I want the episode to be a surprise and don't really want to know anything about it.. but that big black box just stares at me until I highlight the darn thing :D

I just can't help it.

Hehehe.. just curious if anyone else has the same "problem"? :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Damn, is Chloe and her father toast?

Lionel looked lean and mean with the close shaved look now.

Lex tumbles into glass tables like no other.

Bon Voyage, Lana.

Jonathan, is his time up?

Martha, signs, anyone?

Clark, getting edumacated.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Great season finale!! I love how there are so many questions raised. I can't wait until next season.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Forgot about this thread...

Spoiler:

Wow, didn't see the Chloe angle coming, but I probably should have.....

Did anyone else get the bit at the end with Lionel Luthor? I thought they where going to sentance him to death after the trial, but all they did was shave his hair...

Spoiler:

I also new that that probably wasn't Kara when she killed that Driver for no apparent reason in the begining...

All in all, good finale.....
It definetly seems as if the SMallville team is gearing up for something special in Season 4......

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
When I saw the big guy go into Lionels cell at the end, I thought he was gonna rough Lionel up so he could go to a hospital and then escape.

The Chloe thing was a surprise and was not a surprise at the same time. All the while we were joking about how the house is gonna explode, I said "What is this? 24? Do they need to get rid of several characters a week?"

The Lex being poisoned thing was cool and unexpected, but we know he will live because that would mess the continuity up WAY too much to have him dead.

And Lionel's new look, BADASS! He is really the main reason I watch the show. The interactions between him and Lex are always cool.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Chloe's dead, but everyone will think she is, and perhaps this is how her "Lois Lane" identity/career gets started...

I think in this incarnation of the Superman mythos, Chloe becomes Lois the Daily Planet reporter, etc. This is just part of that new take on the mythos.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I REALLY hope she's not Lois. I can't stand chloe and she would recognize Clark way to easily later in life.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling Clark(welling) is at the same part of the Superman movies where Clark(chris reeves) walks into the Fortress and goes on the journey with Jor-El. I also don't think Jor-El wants him to be a god. Just was trying to get him to accept who he is and his place in life.
Sick montage at the end. It sucks we have to wait until October until we find out what happens (I hate this).

ps-Although, in the montage I was waiting for Moe Green to get shot in the eye. ;)

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Who is really dead IMHO: Chloe's dad, Kara, FBI agent, innocent driver from intro

Who is not: Lex, Chloe, Lionel, Jonathan

This feeds the speculation I have read here that Chloe becomes Lois Lane but not still leaves that one open somewhat, too.

Lana will return for season 4, probably during sweeps.

I agree Lex can't die, he's the antagonist of the freakin story!

Jonathan will die, we know but not yet, not yet.

Jor-El sure doesn't look like a nice guy. Is he mirroring Lionel? Is that the point, that Lex cannot beat the nature and nurture of his father but Clark will to become "CLark Kent/THe Man of Steel?" That would be an interesting twist. Jor-El sure had no problem killing the innocent driver of the car in the opener (through letting Kara kill him). Definitely skewing evil.

I am pretty sure that this begins the Trials of Clark Kent and in Jor-El's possession he learns who he will become, including tough lessons like some innocent people must die to save the masses.

I am not very familiar with the Smallville/Superboy comics, so this is mostly based on the movies and Smallville on TV.

MY jaw will remain agape until October...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Brilliant. This is the kind of season finale they tried to pull off last year. That's was an incohesive mess.

By unravelling the plotlines around the mysterious stranger, it kept the story focused while evolving all of the storylines that have been coming to a head.

Clark showing up on Lex's behalf even after he'd ended their friendship was perfect: just the kind of thing we'd expect.

Equally, Johnathan willing to sacrifice his life for Clark's freedom was a very real moment that spoke to the heart of what their relationship was.

Terence Stamp's take on Jor-El is by far the most enigmatic and frustrating yet. Just when I thought we'd be doomed to cheap knock-offs of Marlon Brando's fantastic portrayal for all eternity. The fact that he spoke of Lara's love through Kara is curious. But the way he viciously discarded Kara/Lindsay and was willing to do the same to Johnathan confirms our suspicions.That's exactly what came to my mind too. Time for Clark's journey beyond the infinites.

My favorite shot was that of Clark inside a womb as the camera pans across the galaxy. Beautiful symbolism. I'm glad the cave walls aren't really a transport method; otherwise why the need for the ship?

The Kawatche caves more and more fufill the role of the Fortress of Solitude in S:TM. Only now, the path towards knowledge is much more complicated. And the source is far less reliable.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
ZAH! I took a nap, expecting to wake up by 7 when Smallville comes on... only to wake up at 11:30, pissed off at the world.

Since we're not supposed to talk about getting copyrighted materials here, I won't encourage anyone to email me if they taped it. I'm serious, don't...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
So are we suppose to believe that Lionel orchestrated the poison for his son and the explosion for Chloe?
It almost seems like they got rid of half of their characters all in one episode. Yilkes.
Very good.
Hmm, what was with the sign in the field?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks