What's new

Front projector (1 Viewer)

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a good multimedia projector for our church. Obviously it doesn't have to be a high quality home theater projector, but it does need to be bright enough to show up when all the lights aren't off.

Suggestions? It goes without saying that we are working on a tight budget so best bang for the buck would apply here.

Thanks
Rick

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Nope. But it's odd that we live about 30 minutes away from each other and you know another Rick Westfall....

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If it's under 1000.00 then the X1 would be the best I imagine.

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,

Unfortunately they didn't really give me a budget. I'll assume it's in the $1000 range. I was just looking at the Infocus X1 and saw the X2 also which is right at $1000. How do these compare with the Dell 2200M? (it can be purchased for $899...so can the X1 after mail in rebate)

Thanks
Rick

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
So far we've had good luck with our Christie DS-30 projectors (we've recently installed 3, and have another 4-5 coming in this year.) It's a single-chip DLP, 3000 lumen projector. With any sort of light on the screen, 3k is probably about the lowest you'd want to consider.

Depending on what sort of use you're going to put on it (an hour a week? 10 hours a week? 100 hours/week?) You may be able to get an LCD projector and have a reasonable life-expectancy of it. A couple years ago, I saw a fairly nice little 3500 lumen Proxima.. no idea what it cost.

A quick glance at Projector Central reveals that the cheapest 3000 lumen projectors start at about $4000 MSRP.

Leo Kerr
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks