Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

2003 Nissan Pathfinder Stereo questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter

• 1,836 posts

Posted May 14 2004 - 01:21 PM

Hi all!

I own a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE and I have been thinking about putting in a better stereo system and speakers. Possibly even adding a "car-puter" that I have been wanting to build as well.

My questions:

I have a Bose system in my Pathy now. I have read where these are a PIA to upgrade, without pulling everyhting (and I mean everything) out and completely starting over.

I don't want to do this (if possible), but may consider it if it's an absolute must do before trying to upgrade.

Another question I have. Will I still be able to use the steering wheel controls if I upgrade/replace the Bose stuff.

Thanks for any feedback...I'm in the planning stage now and probably won't have the cash or time to start things up until later this summer at the earliest.

Regards,

Mike

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   David.G

David.G

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted May 15 2004 - 03:27 AM

not sure what a PIA is but i think all you guys know Bose is not the best, in home or car audio. If i were you i'd pull it all out. BOSE is alright but doesn't compare to aftermarket units. If you want to get a steering wheel mounted remote get Pioneer or i think Sony still does the knob remote. Pretty much every company comes with a remote for their units. I would suggest getting rid of everything cause its all pretty much junk. last thing to get rid of is the factory speakers. First thing is the factory head unit.
David is the car audio guy, Jason is the home audio so if you see a post in car audio thats David, if in Home thats more than likely Jason. Confusing isn't it!!! Also i hope i am allowed to put my sounddomain down on my equipment page. Its car audio but you guys might enjoy it.

http://members.sou...