What's new

Anyone psyched for "Salem's Lot"...? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Can't really call it a remake as they're both based on the book and this one is suppossedly more faithful, Barlow speaking and all...
I did a search and found some VERY positive early reviews!
Sounds good!

:) D

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
I've been much more optimistic about Stephen King's TV mini-series since The Stand. I'm hoping that Salem's Lot lives up to my expectations!

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
When? Where? I hadn't heard anything about this.

EDIT:
Nevermind, found it.

Have to tape this one, wont be near a tv on those days.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I didn't even know that they were doing it again. The original one really scared me when I was a kid. I'll have to Tivo it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Looks very promising, especially with Rutger Hauer! If it disappoints, I won't be crushed, after all it's on TV.

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking forward to it. I've been at least a little into all the Stephen King miniseries I've seen: The Stand, The Langoliers (ok, not so great, but better than many of the Stephen King movies), The Shining...

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Hmmm, how can you compete with Geoffrey Lewis as a vampire? "You will sleep with the dead, teacherrrrr."

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I'm very much looking forward to this.

The original Tobe Hooper miniseries didn't really do much for me, and this one will (hopefully) be much more faithful to the excellent novel.

Plus, it has a hell of a cast.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember sitting home alone when I was young and watching the first one. The boy scratching at the window freaked me out.
I hope the new one is good. I will give it a try.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Yep, that was the part that scared me. I couldn't sleep for quite a few nights because I kept thinking that I was hearing noises coming from my window.:D

RobertW

Supporting Actor
is rutger hauer gonna be the vampire? will he have some cheerleader named buffy trying to stake him? ;)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Yep, he's Barlow. And Donald Sutherland is Straker! Double the Buffy fun!!! :laugh:

Rob Lowe as Ben Mears. Other than The West Wing, the only thing I really liked him in was The Stand, so maybe Stephen King is good for him.

Andre Baugher as Matt Burke. Wasn't that the Lew Ayres role in the original...the teacher?

And Samantha Mathis as Susan. Hmmmm, she could give me a hickey anytime. ;)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I don't give too much credence to AICN.

I'm a little leery about some of the changes to update the story, but I'll wait until I hear more before deciding to watch it.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I've read about 4 good reviews so far...
One thing they LOVED was the way the different vamps moved....

I too loved the original, but realize that Barlow was totally different from the book.
And can anything top the floating kids outside the window from the original???? To this day, some of the spookiest imagery I've EVER seen.

:) D

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
I have Sunday June 20th and Monday June 21st as the air dates on TNT.

Does that sound correct to everyone?

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
So did anyone watch the first part tonight? Lord knows you had plenty of chances considering TNT is running it THREE times!

I caught it and it's certainly been better than most of the King Made-for-TV crap we've seen in the last decade.

It's not exactly *scary* of course (what is these days?) but at least the "scratching at the window" bit was retained. My fav part so far was

when the father of the missing boy wakes up because his wife is making awful noises next to him and we get a glimpse of their dead son sucking away at her wrist. The color of his eyes was pretty creepy in the dark but then they ruined it when daddy had to turn the light on.

However I do hope part 2 picks it up a bit....TV movies *can* be scary if they just try and not worry so damn much about sponsors and the like.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
So did anyone watch the first part tonight? Lord knows you had plenty of chances considering TNT is running it THREE times!

I caught it and it's certainly been better than most of the King Made-for-TV crap we've seen in the last decade.

It's not exactly *scary* of course (what is these days?) but at least the "scratching at the window" bit was retained. My fav part so far was

when the father of the missing boy wakes up because his wife is making awful noises next to him and we get a glimpse of their dead son sucking away at her wrist. The color of his eyes was pretty creepy in the dark but then they ruined it when daddy had to turn the light on.

However I do hope part 2 picks it up a bit....TV movies *can* be scary if they just try and not worry so damn much about sponsors and the like.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
wow this really fell apart in the second act, it felt really rushed like they could have used another night in the story arc. C'mon it is a mini series use as much time as you have, I noticed the guy who wrote the flatliners wrote the script, just got sloppy. Maybe on dvd it will be extended or something, they had all the elements in place. Why did it unravel?

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
wow this really fell apart in the second act, it felt really rushed like they could have used another night in the story arc. C'mon it is a mini series use as much time as you have, I noticed the guy who wrote the flatliners wrote the script, just got sloppy. Maybe on dvd it will be extended or something, they had all the elements in place. Why did it unravel?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks