What's new

how good is the pioneer VSX-1014 going to be compared to the elite..... (1 Viewer)

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
ok how is the VSX-1014 going to compare to the elite. i heard this amp is an elite machine with out the dress, i was woundering if its worth waiting till august and buy it instead of buying one of the lowend elite models.
thanks dave

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
It looks as if the 1014 is going to have EVERYTHING the 53TX has has well as PLIIx and an LCD Remote, and at a VERY attractive price. List price is $700 and it will probably street around $500 - $600. You can also order online without having to worry about the hassle of not getting your warranty honored (standard Pioneer has MANY authorized e-tailers). I doubt you can pick up a 53TX for near this from an authorized dealer, and it will still lack PLIIx and the LCD remote. I'll be replacing my current 43TX with this model to gain the Auto-MCACC and PLIIx (unless I go all out and get an HK 7300).

Hope this helps :)

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
hey thanks, well i live in canada, do they have list price for candians yet.also is there a date set yet for it in august. the automcacc is going to be awsome.also is the VSX-1014 going to have the multiroom thing, like im watching a movie in one room and my parents can listen to music or wwatch a movie in another room. thanks for the info. another 3 months for my new amp :D

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 1014 shares the same repair manual as the 52TX, so they probably have the exact same chasis and internals. What's funny is the 1014 and the 52TX have a better (LCD) remote than the 54TX which uses the old 43TX/53TX remote.

The correct weight on the 1014 is 34lb according to a website that has it listed for pre-order.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Onecall has it for $499 + 10% off (so $450) and free 3day fedex. I got my local dealer to go $425 + tax, so essentially $446 after tax. As for the weight, it's 34lb, A Pioneer rep for my local dealer confirmed 19lb was a misprint and also confirmed that it is exactly the same as the 52TX except for the lack or RS232.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Stephen,

That's a great price on the 1014 and you were able to support the local dealer, too.

I'm going out of my skin as my 54TX will not make it here until this coming Tuesday. After work today, I made it out to see if I could spend some time with a Pioneer Elite receiver. One shop didn't have the new series, yet. But, they did have the 53TX and the 55TXi. The 53TX sounded great with some acoustical Bruck Springsteen. Very, very good sounds from that receiver.

I've heard the Pioneer receivers tend to run a little warm. However, I guess what I've heard was not correct. The Pioneer 53TX was cool to the touch on the top of the case and a nearby Marantz 7400 would have burned my fingers if I had kept them on there too long.

OK, back to watching the Kill Bill videos on Yamaha while I await the arrival of the Pioneer. :)

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Stephen,

I posted this question on avsforum as well, so sorry to repeat myself. You mentioned that the 52TX has a RS-232C connection. Does this mean the 52TX has Advanced MCACC as opposed to the Auto MCACC on the 1014TX? Also is the MCACC on the 1014TX Auto MCACC 1 or Auto MCACC 2 as described on the Pioneer site?

Actually I was just checking the onecall site and if you become a OnePass member you can save another 1% (only $4.91) so no biggie..but I guess every $ counts and could go into some other goodies.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The RS232 port allows you to monitor the Auto-MCACC using a computer and also alows for computer control which is used by custom installers in some very intricate home automation setups. It has no bearing on the actual type of MCACC. Both the 1014TX and 52TX have Type 2 Auto-MCACC.

My 1014TX won't arrive at the shop until friday or monday. They normally only carry Elite but were able to order this piece for me. I'll give my report on it once it arrives and I have time to play with it some.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
It does have an adjustable crossover w/ crossover points of 50hz, 80hz, 100hz, 150hz, and 200hz i beleive.

Let me get this straight. The 1014 is the same as the 52TX except for the Elite looks? How can they do that if the MSRP is $650 on the 1014 and $1500 for the 52/53TX.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Not exactly. The MSRP on the 53TX and the new 54TX is $1,500. The suggested MSRP for the 52TX is less.

But, do keep in mind, many authorized retailers sell the new 54TX for $1,000. It seems like the MSRP, when it comes to Pioneer, isn't enforced quite in the same way it is with Denon products. Basically, with Denon, you will always see the 3805 listed at $1,199 in the store. That doesn't mean that it doesn't sell for less, but it appears that Denon is kind of a stickler in how sellers present their product.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Well keep in mind that the MSRPs that Pioneer list online are highly inflated to befin with. The actual list price for dealers for the 52TX is $800. The MSRP for the 1014 is $650 but the actual list price is $500. A difference of $300 due to brand name, 1yr extra warranty, and controlled dealer structure is not completely off. Remember the Elite VSX-41? It was exactly the same as the Poineer VSX-D811S but carried the Elite name and 2yr warranty. The Pioneer VSX-D811S was available at around the $300 price point, but the Elite VSX-41 sold at the $650 price point due to the fact that it was sold exclusively through Elite dealers. That said, they didn't sell many Elite VSX-41s. By making the top-end Pinoeer model on par w/ the bottom-end Elite (instead of the other way around) they should sell plenty of both since the 52TX is still of true Elite quality.

But what is Elite quality? Does it have better caps and transformers? If the 1014 and 52TX have different innerds than their really is a difference.

The reason I'm asking is cause I just bought an H/K 630 and I have had a 43TX. If I can get 43TX quality for $230 less than the H/K I might dump the H/K. :)

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The whole point is that they DO have the same innerds. I've confirmed this with the Pioneer rep for my local shop. I'm replacing a 43TX as well and based on my testing of the 52TX, the 1014TX will be a very good replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks