What's new

The Amazing Colossal Man/War Of the Colossal Beast Question? (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Has there been any news of The Amazing Colossal Man/War Of the Colossal Beast 2 companion movies being released on dvd? They would've made a great Midnite Movies Release.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
A DVD of "War Of the Colossal Beast" is available HERE.

"The Amazing Colossal Man" is not available as a legal DVD. :laugh: I don't believe either, as evidenced by the info at Xploited Cinema, are owned by M-G-M. :D :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'd love to own either of these and the Amazing Shrinking Man. Why either does not get a decent release is beyond me. If a studio is unsure of sales license it to someone else I'm sure there are distributers that would love to get these films.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd love to get these as a 2-pack as well. I have copies VHS that desperatly need replacing, (as well as about 20 other AIP/Drive-In/Corman movies!)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the amazing colossal man and colassol beast had MST3K treatments.

they would be a great release but the rights are no longer available to whoever owns that.

these were my favorite below b grade movies when i was a kid.

anytime they showed up on uhf i had to watch.

up until a few years ago i didnt know tgere were 3 of these movies.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Jeff, I can play Region 0 disks with my Cyberhome player But I'd rather have a region 1 release I can watch anywhere with anything.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

Well, both are real laugh riots. Columbia would get huge sales for the first film if they picked up the rights to put that episode on the film's DVD. War of the Colossal Beast is presumed to be in the public domain, though MGM would have DVD rights now.

"What sin could a man commit in a single lifetime..."

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
IMO MST3K treatments spoil the viewing of a film. MST3K treatments are not a part of a film's original form. I won't buy any film that has been deformed in that manner. Here's hoping Columbia puts this film on DVD in the way it was intended to be seen by its director.

Stacey A

Auditioning
On Sunday, May 23rd Voom DBS will be showing high definition transfers of these two on their MonstersHD channel.

The Amazing Colossal Man
ll:30am, 7:15pm

War of the Collossal Beast
1:00pm, 8:45pm

Just wanted to give a heads up.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

!!!!!

arent the mst3k dvd including both versions of the films?

most of the movies they mst3k'd are pretty hard to watch without it.

this island earth, calossal movies the exception, and a few others.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

Well, films like Manos: The Hands of Fate, Catalina Caper, and Prince of Space were pretty deformed to begin with. :D

I'm all for keeping films in the proper condition, but MST3K is simply out of this kind of situation. Consider MST3K to be the "Dada" form of cinema. The MST3K version of The Amazing Colossal Man is basically like drawing a moustache on a reproduction of the Mona Lisa.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
What would be really great is to have all 3 of the giant man-monster flicks on one DVD:

1) "The Cyclops" (1957) with Dean Parkin as the cyclops
2) "The Amazing Colossal Man" (1958)
3) "War Of the Colossal Beast" (1959) with Dean Parkin again playing the cyclops with almost the same makeup as in "The Cyclops" and with the color footage at the end when he grabs the high tension wires.

In the proper AR and if widescreen, then ANAMORPHIC. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i see how that could fit in......

"Interesting factoid is that the same actor (Dean Parkins) who played the fiance/cyclops was in the previous Bert I. Gordon film War of the Colossal Beast, using essentially the same makeup. " from imdb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks