What's new

Are new Onkyo DVD players on the way? (1 Viewer)

JohnA

Stunt Coordinator
I see the 701 is on clearance everywhere, are new Onkyo DVD players on the way?

If so does anyone haveinfo on the 701's replacement?

Thanks

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Onkyo has something big planned for June (quote from their print ads). Not sure exactly what. Its probably the start of their new receiver line (even though the low end model and the high end model has already been announced/released). Of course, a new DVD line may just go along with that.

Onkyo has really been lagging in the DVD department.

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
I first e-mailed them about a new receiver to replace the 601, here was the response...

"A replacement model should be out sometime in August. In July more information about the new unit should become available. The model number will be TXSR 601."

I then e-mailed them about a replacement model for the 701 DVD changer, here was the response...

"A newer version of the DVCP 701 should be available in early Summer of this year."

So it seems that Onkyo has a new line of receivers and DVD players planned for a release this summer.

JohnA

Stunt Coordinator
I had planned on purchasing the 701 and held off because it was missing a few features I was interested in having.

The low clearance price being offered at many places make it very attractive. I'm afraid of jumping on it and then finding the replacement has all the features I want.

Thanks for the responses.

-

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank

You are in the exact same position I am, I think I am going to just wait though. I hate buying something and then having a new model come out with new features that I would have liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks