What's new

Day spa tipping (1 Viewer)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
If you're going to pay $60 - $80 on a salon service such as a massage or a facial, what do you think is an appropriate tip for the person providing the service ?

It seems that the 15-20% rule is a litle excessive. You come out spending about $100 when you're finished.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Everyone I know tips 15-20%, sometimes more if you're a regular or the service was exceptional.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If you have $60 to $80 to spend on a luxury such as a massage or facial in the first place, why would you even quibble about a $20 tip?

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
I got my wife a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure at a day spa and was asked if I wanted to include a tip. The gift certificate had a check box included on it with what seemed to be a standard tip of 18%.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'd say 20% for a good job, but 30% if you got rubbed AND tugged:D

Brent

KatieL

Stunt Coordinator
I'll tip 30% + if I use a gift certificate. Are you aware of the amount of stress a good therapist can unwind?

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
My wife has been to one recently and they included an 18% tip. I think it's unreasonable to assume you did a good enough job for that much and it could also keep people from tipping more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks