What's new

Friends - Series finale 5/6/04 (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Don't forget that the actual finale is on at 9. I believe there is a recap show at 8. Also, the entire cast will be on The Tonight Show, which airs immediately afterwards on the east coast and at its regular time elsewhere.

~T

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Not that bad of a finale, for the last 1/2. The first 1/2 however felt like any other Friends episode. Why didn't they set up Joey's new sitcom? Also as much as I think he's funny, I can't see him carrying a whole 1/2 hour with that character. He's funny because he's sporadic and has great one-liners sometimes. I'll have to see this to judge I guess.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Why are you in the finale discussion thread if you haven't seen the finale? :confused:

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Man I had predicted that Ross would end up going to Paris and living there with Rachel. I knew that Ross and Rachel had to end up together, but I was still yelling "NO. NO NO" when she got back on the plane.

Man Courtney is looking a bit heavy.

Good finale. To tell ya the truth, I'm kinda sad the show is ending. Hope Joey turns out to be good. I thought they would try to set up his show or maybe even hint at it, but I guess not.

After watching the retrospective, it's really evident how much funnier the show used to be at the beginning. That's not to say the later years weren't funny, but damn you can really tell how much better the first years were.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Thought it was a good ending to the series. Enjoyed watching it over the last 8 years (didn't start till season 3). One of my favorite shows.

And I asked this in the other thread, but during the first half, from 8-9, when they were showing that montage and playing a U2 song. Anyone know the name of that song?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I knew it too, but I was still hoping. My perfect finale would have had Ross sitting in his apartment brokenhearted and alone (I've always hated the Ross character).

And they ran a "Joey" promo during the clip show. The scenes didn't impress me. Not sure if it was just a couple scenes they threw together, or if they've actually shot a pilot.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Great final episode...I had read that they weren't going to set up the Joey sitcom in this finale that they wanted the last episode to be about the 6 Friends, and leave the Joey stuff for next fall...I knew that Ross/Rachel were going to end up together...but I thought for a second I might have been swerved when she got on the plane.

Thank goodness for DVDs. I will miss this show, but the preview for Joey didn't look half bad either.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought some of the scenes lingered too long, and then by the time they got to the end, they were doing too much rushing, and then ran the time out to say goodbye in the apartment.

Phil_L

Second Unit

I used to feel the same way, but Ross really grew on me over the years. Glad to see them end up together. BUT, I was hoping they would set up the plot for Joey by showing him move out too. That would have made it a little more bittersweet and would have provided more "closure."

Quite funny tonight, though. The writing was much improved from the last few weeks. I always enjoy when Phoebe yells and acts zany. OK, now I have to finish studying for my Securities Regulation final exam tomorrow. You'd think NBC would have the decency not to schedule these things during law school exams. Who does their programming schedule??? :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I stopped watching when the Ross and Racheal thing got to be to much. Although my favorite one was the one where Ben Stiller was Rachel's new Boyfriend who had fits of anger, but the only one who witnessed it was Ross. And when he tries to tell it to everyone else, they write it off a jealously.

"I Guess we're not going out tonight.......MAN!!!!!"

As for an ending, fairly predictable. Maybe a little sad. I knew there would be a joke about "The Break" at the end.

Phil_L

Second Unit
I enjoyed how during Ross and Rachel's kiss, they played the same music they played during their first kiss.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Meh.

I haven't watched "Friends" regularly for about five years or so, caught a few newer episodes here and there, but here's a show that definitely ran outta steam awhile ago. The finale was cute but lightweight and about as memorable as a Mannequin sequel.

But then again, I wasn't the biggest "Friends" fan, so this really wasn't for me.

Now "Herman's Head"... now there was a show!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

"Ok..Ok...we don't have to eat it, but just let us lick it once"

"Now now...We've heard that one before"

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Well, I thought it was very good. Not the greatest series finale of all time, but certainly better than average. They did a good job of hitting all the moments they had to, and best of all, it was funny throughout.

I especially liked the scenes with Joey & Chandler & the foosball table. Nice to see the old roomies share one last moment.

I had read an article a couple of weeks ago that said they weren't going to set up "Joey" in the finale. After watching it, I have to say that's probably a good thing. It would have been too much to cram in.

And now, one final salute to:
  • The chick & the duck
  • Phoebe's cab
  • Gunther
  • "phalange"
  • Being "on a break"
Now to go erase the "Friends" season pass from my TiVo... :frowning:

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Man, I still can't believe it's over. I was 15 when this show came on, and I turned 25 four days ago.

I too thought I had been thrown for a loop when Rachel did get on the plane, but I knew they would get back together thanks to Kristin's column at E! Online.

I thought it was bittersweet to see the foosball table get destroyed to rescue the birds. I did think it was kind of lame to use the "let's tell them that the pets went away to a farm" story to explain the first chick and duck dying. Then again, it is Joey!

I loved how they explained Ross living there, although I was struck with the feeling that I knew he had lived there before. Did they mention this on a previous episode?

I'm looking forward to owning all 10 seasons on DVD and watching them on either DVD or in syndication till at least 2011.

Now I'm off to play "The End" by the Doors.....

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I thought it was okay. Not one of the best season finales for a show. The Ross and Rachel thing although predictable was nice because so many of their fans ( count me out of that catagory) really wanted them to get together.

Call me lame, but I just heard about Joey's new spin-off show very recently and cannot imagine it doing well at all. I love the character, but the fact is, they didn't use him to his full potential on the show and his crazy one liners and sporatic scenes just couldn't fill a 30 minute show.

It's so sad to see shows like this one end. Makes me wonder what new show will pop up in it's place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks