What's new

Any word on Andy Richter? (1 Viewer)

TerryPM

Agent
I've really been enjoying Andy Richter in HD on HDNet. Has there been any word on a possible DVD release?

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
This show was brilliant. My friends and I use to quote all the classic lines from that weeks episode throughout all our classes. I really miss this one and hope to see it soon on DVD. How long did it run? 2 seasons? 1 and a 1/2? I forget.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Two short seasons -- a total of 19 episodes were filmed, 5 of which I believe never aired. If I were to rattle off a list of TV shows I want on DVD, ARCTU would be at the very top. I think Paramount holds the home video rights.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I'm hoping we see the set on DVD soon after it finishes it's run on HDNet. Since I don't yet have a DTV HD Tivo, I've been regularly missing the Monday night airings.

The purchase of this great series will be a no-brainer for me.

C

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
HDnet, owned by Mark Cuban right? Hell, I live in DFW and Comcast here doesn't even have HDnet :frowning:

BrianJau

Agent
There are five episodes that didn't air on FOX. Two of them are actually FIRST season episodes. FOX really screwed around with the scheduling with this show, airing first season episodes in the middle of the second season, and wildly out of order.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
If this is ever released they need to do it in production order. Continuity was screwed with the airing order.

Gord

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Add my name to the list. I'd buy this set in a heartbeat.

If the American remake of The Office ends up being any good, I suspect it will remind us of Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

And The Office. :D

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
reactions to test screenings of The Office remake have been terrible. Apparently its not as bad as Coupling but the test audience sat stone faced through the entire thing.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I loved ARCTU, and would definitely buy a DVD set with all episodes. This was some of the best comedy TV I've seen in recent years.

Chris

Fox seems great at killing their own shows with timeslot shuffles.
I guess they make all their money with crap reality tv and Springer reruns and relegate their other departments to the basement. Hope it eventually bites them in the ass.

I'd snap up an Andy boxset in a second, the show was genius.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Sandy Grushow, the guy most responsible for that shuffling (and other stuff, like failing to market shows and placing shows he didn't personally like in timeslots doomed to failure), was fired from Fox a while back. Let's hope things settle down going forward.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I loved this show and was very disappointed when it didn't come back. I mean, who didn't love the fact that only Andy could see this creepy, old, dead businessman continually hassling him? Count me in! :emoji_thumbsup:

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
Still no DVD for this great show. With bootleg copies going for over $50 on ebay you would think Paramount(?) would make money. I'm tempted to get an HD Tivo just so I can record all the episodes before HDnet quits showing them.

"I forgot how pants work."

Qrusher14242

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel Dressel
Any word on this? cant believe other crap gets a dvd release and this doesnt :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks