What's new

"Friends" Finale on DVD (1 Viewer)

RomanSohor

Second Unit
This is from NBC's web shop

Does anyone know if this is going to be available in stores, or only from NBC's shop?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling that you'll be hard-pressed to find a store that DOESN'T have this on Tuesday...

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Ok... I wasn't sure... my brother is Media Sup. at a Best Buy and he didn't know about it yet.

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
In case you all are going to tape it instead of buying it, I herd the episode runs over 2 hours (by about 10-15 minutes). I bet this is so people who do tape it don't get the full episode and will end up buying the DVD.

Just a heads up.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
The retrospective airs at 8:00 PM Eastern, followed by the final episode at 8:59 PM Eastern. "ER" is still scheduled to start at 9:59 PM Eastern.

So, I think the actual episode is only one hour long.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I'm catching this finale for only one reason: the 60-second "Spider-Man 2" trailer that's running during the program, and that's it.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

Do you know if it's the same trailer that was shown during "The Apprentice" a few weeks ago?

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I find that major event finales like this usually go over. Family Ties' finale went over by like 10 minutes when it first aired, primarily because it was shot in front of a live audience, and they captured a lot of the bows and applauding and tears. Subsequent airings paired it back to a normal time slot.

I don't watch Friends regularly, and I've never bought it, but I am tempted to catch the finale only because it might be the only time you see it as it was originally broadcast.

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
According to the only TV listings I use, the episode runs 62 minutes. Note: That's the EPISODE. THe first hour of the broadcast is a retrospective on the show. The final episode is just the last hour. (Or 62 minutes as I said.)

If they put this out for a decent price (which they won't) I'd probably buy it. First and last episodes, and the great video for the theme. Not bad.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

What do you think is a decent price? I think the list is $14 something which for me is not bad, plus when it comes out in the season 10 box it will have extra footage so it won't be as originally aired. I'll probably pick this up.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I am guessing that most places will have this available for about $10-12 during the release week.

Better re-set my timer! Thanks for the heads-up!

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Without saying which store (this site frowns upon early release of prices), you will be able to purchase this at some electronics store in your City for $7.99 on Tuesday.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Our local NBC affiliate has put out a bulletin that the final aired version of the show will run until 10:06 EDT.

It's our understanding that the DVD version may be up to four minutes longer.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Where does it say it'll only be at NBC? I believe it'll be released everywhere (e-tailers are listing the disc all over).

Gord

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I thought overall, the finale was very good, albeit a little rushed:

Chandler & Monica COULD have been more enthusiastic about the twins. One minute, the twins are born, the next minute, they're home. Even then, Monica spends most of that time at Joey's apartment as opposed to being with them.

But then, most finales due end up rushed in order to close storylines, so I wasn't overly surprised. I actually enjoyed the clip show somewhat more than the finale.

Anyway, as for the DVD release, I'm going to pass and wait for the season 10 set. As cheap as it is, it's not really a necessity. From what I gather, the clip show isn't even on the DVD, which would probably be my one reason to want to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks