What's new

The Munsters & Night Gallery coming soon! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I just posted news items for both shows about that. We were getting BURIED in e-mails about this!

Good news, eh? :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Wonder how they get 20 stories for Night Galley's first season? If you count the pilot (90 minute) show and the 6 eps in the "NBC Mystery Movie" (which IIRC rotated with Columbo and McMillian & Wife) that's only 17 'stories' in 7 'episodes'.

Pilot

0x01 8 Nov 69 The Cemetery
0x02 8 Nov 69 Eyes
0x03 8 Nov 69 The Escape Route

Season 1

1x01 16 Dec 70 The Dead Man
1x02 16 Dec 70 The Housekeeper

1x03 23 Dec 70 Room with a View
1x04 23 Dec 70 The Little Black Bag
1x05 23 Dec 70 The Nature of the Enemy

1x06 30 Dec 70 The House
1x07 30 Dec 70 Certain Shadows on the Wall

1x08 6 Jan 71 Make Me Laugh
1x09 6 Jan 71 Clean Kills and Other Trophies

1x10 13 Jan 71 Pamela's Voice
1x11 13 Jan 71 Lone Survivor
1x12 13 Jan 71 The Doll

1x13 20 Jan 71 The Last Laurel
1x14 20 Jan 71 They're Tearing Down Tim Riley's Bar

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:) I was wondering the same thing, but I wasn't familiar enough with the show to be sure that TVTome's episode guide was defendable, so I didn't go there.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:eek: Wow! And I just checked TVShows a few minutes ago and didn't see anything new!

Great news about the Munsters. I'll buy that day-and-date. Universal is going TV-on-DVD crazy! And that's a good thing.

You know, with this coming out, it makes it that much more likely that another Joe Connelly/Bob Mosher creation controlled by Universal will be released sooner rather than later. Hint: that's a lovely DVD package you're releasing, Universal! ;)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Well, the TVTome/EPguides.com matched up with the list on www.nightgallery.net and every other one I've ever seen (and the eps I have recorded on the HardDrive to author which I now put on the back burner since they are coming out..)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
YES!!!!!!

Night Gallery has been on my mind a lot lately.
F'ING Fan-tastic news!

confused about the references to Speilberg though...what are they folding the pilot into the series?

anyways, this is awesome.
maybe Kolchak won't be too far behind now

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Yes, Night Gallery!! 2004 is looking like a Serling fan's dream!!

--Night Gallery (Season One)
--Twilight Zone (Original Series Season Sets)
--Twilight Zone ('80s Series Season Sets)
--Twilight Zone (Third Series Complete Series Set)
--Planet of the Apes (2-Disc SE)

Can't wait for Night Gallery, as I've grown up a huge TZ fan and haven't gotten to see any episodes of this show before. I'll definitely pick this set up.

The Munsters is good news, also. I'm sure someday I will have the money to buy it, but it's a low priority.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

maybe they are counting the little blackout skits the show used to have.
i'm not too up on it right now, and am not sure if thoses were present in the first season, but i know they were in subsequent eps.- some of those would only last 2 minutes if that and usually ended on a jokey note.

edited to add-

well, i just consulted my beloved copy of Fantastic Television, and those blackout segments look to all be from the 2nd season.

just looking over the ep guide, Tim Rileys Bar is excellant and as good as anything that was on Twilight Zone, but so many of the iconic stories i associate with this series are found in the second and third seasons
Green Fingers
Brenda
Boy Who Predicted Earthquakes
The Different Ones
Fear Of Spiders
Death In The Family
Since Aunt Ada Came To Stay

oh God, i hope this first season sells well enough to see the second and third

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
First off, this is incredible news considering it's from Universal. I would have bet a sizable sum that The Munsters wouldn't see the light of day till at least mid-2005 or later - and I would have lost that money! Wow! I just didn't think Universal was committed to their older properties, but I'm really glad to hear this news.

If you are referring to Leave it to Beaver, I'm with you 100%!!! Again, I'd never even dream that Universal would actually begin releasing this classic on dvd, but with the Munsters being released, I've got hope now!

Gary "I just can't believe how great 2004 is shaping up as far as TV Classics on DVD is concerned!" O.

Rick P

Supporting Actor

waitaminute... the UPN series from last year or so?? When did that get announced??

Rick P

Supporting Actor

those were all second season IIRC..

2x02 15 Sep 71 Miss Lovecraft Sent Me
2x04 15 Sep 71 Phantom of What Opera?
2x09 22 Mar 72 Satisfaction Guaranteed
2x11 29 Sep 71 With Apologies to Mr. Hyde
2x28 17 Nov 71 A Midnight Visit to the Neighborhood Blood Bank
2x35 1 Dec 71 An Act of Chivalry

there were also two additional 'stories' that were NOT shown in the original broadcasts, but were added to the series when it was re-edited to half-hours for syndication (at the cost of part of the original stories being shorted severly in some cases).

ua1. Room for One Less
ua2. Die Now, Pay Later

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i just realized there is no actual date or even time frame given for NG.
i hope this doesn't amount to another Rockford and company tease.

oh and, i won't complain if they want to put out 20 episodes...that is still under 20 hours and would amount to a smaller set than Battlestar Galactica and only a little more content than the 'best of' Hulk set.

i would be totally up for that, as it would split the series up almost in half, which means less waiting and wondering if and when the series will be completed.
and set one would then get some more choice eps.
probably won't happen, but i can hope.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
If I could buy just the hysterical Paul Lynde guest-starring episodes of The Munsters, I'd get that. :)

Plus -- A "Paul Lynde Boxed Set" of his funny appearances on I Dream Of Jeannie and Bewitched would be welcome to boot.

"Yagga-Zoozee....!" :D

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the head-up on two awesome releases! Can't wait for both!

Paul, hope you saw the news that The Night Stalker/The Night Strangler is being released: TVShowsonDVD

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Great news about the Munsters! It's a classic!

And, this is the first I knew about UPN's Twilight Zone! It was probably the only the show on UPN I kept watching after Star Trek, even if you count Voyager and Enterprise!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I posted in the other thread started about the Munsters because it was the first thread I saw last night when I got on here....I was so excited about it I didn't even look for the possibility of another thread so I may repeat myself here...

To quote Herman, "Oh goodie, goodie, goodie, goodie!" I am SOOO excited about the Munsters!!! This release is one of my most anticipated just behind Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie. I didn't think they would ever release it.

David, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there is a Paul Lynde biography book in the works written by the webmaster of the biggest Paul Lynde website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks